1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bored.... but it made me smile today!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by newbiecrg, Apr 19, 2008.

1. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

[Apr 19, 2008]
    Well guys you know me, moaning about being bored about the S3 and things like that...lololol

Well today I really enjoyed the morning blast... I went out to test my new Sat Nav which worked beautifully... recommend it!!

Recipe:
    - Full tank S3
    - 10k miles experience of driving it
    - 20% heavy rain + 80% normal rain
    - mix of winding motorway with quiet B roads

Today I felt one with the car he did exactly whant I wanted and as I wanted. I could feel exactly when the haldex was engaged and even played it!! Never thought the S3 could give so much feedback as today.

No aquaplanning which surprised me at times as muy front tires are medium worn. Great fun... always safe and never on the limit of hitting any armco... well impressed but must be careful we cannot be complacent with rain and a 2.0T with 265hp...

I think this little car shines a bit more in low grip conditions... after all there is some hope! lolol
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Apr 19, 2008]
    I used to love driving my A3 quattro in the rain, never felt like I was going to lose it and getting the back end was great fun.

S3 must be even better!
  4. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

[Apr 19, 2008]
    yeap... but sunny dry roads it is just a fast train...lolol boring.

I think that is because I do lots of motorway mileage which is rarely exciting in any car I assume...

Pedro