Boot won't unlock with remote?

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Hola!!

another problem the chuffing car..... just been out and the boot wont open? i can open it with the remote or the key but not the pressure pads?

kind of feels like one pad is pressing up and the other isnt.... anyway went back out and it released itself although once pressed its stuck again... think im gonna have to strip it down

ironic that im on my way to London 2moz at about 6am...Monday job i think

anyone had this problem before?

must be related to your ding Tim.

took ya time:)..... amazing how much of the world you ignore when your Xbox actually works:friends:

hey forgot to mention...... i think i have a cut n shut!!! mechanic tried to fit the elusive battery box and lid only to find the existing cradle is actually a GOlf one!! ******, luckily its sorted now but work that one out?

Do you mean the boot release microswitch on the boot handle underside, then yes these have been known to go faulty or stick take apart & see if it can be resolved, if not new one or scrappy.

Quick idea. On mine i saw this after leaving my car for 2+ weeks in my freezing work carpark.

I sorted it by using the key to lock it then unlock it. Then all worked as usual ever since.

Not sure if this was related to the cold tho

Had the same problem with mine a couple of weeks ago. The boot pops with the key but pads didn't work. I left it a week or so and tried it a few times. Still nothing. Went to sainsburys and tried again just in case and it worked! Must be a dodgy switch. I'll keep my eye on it.

cheers fellas..... i left my car on sat morning rightthbrough to sunday afternoon..... it appears the switch has released itself, it was very cold when it happend so i'll put it down to that for now

I had a problem like this, turned out the cable on the back of the micro switch had broken, switchs were £19+vat from audi each. Just incase you had further issues.