Boot Won't Shut

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I spent the last 3ish hours taking the rear bumper off to trace a random cable.
The cable turned out to be the aerial for the tracker, no removed.

To get the bumper off I had the gain access to the 10mm nuts and the odd bumper clip things on the side.
On the left hand side I removed the AMP, TV tuner, DVD drive and I think the nav unit. On the right I unplug 3 plugs from a black box, green plug, black plug and beige colour plug.

When I removed the 3 plugs from the right, some motor spun up. I'm not sure if it was the boot motor or the fuel flap motor.

I carried on removing and refitting the bumper. I found out the right side bumper thing is broken but that least of my worries.

I put the bumper and boot back together, tidied my tools away and shut the boot.
The boot went down, shut as it normally does but with out the soft close noise at the end.
Turned around and noticed the boot was lifting back up.
Pressed the close button and it did the same thing again.
Manually shutting the lid closes it but it won't lock, the car still says the boot is open.
If I slam it hard it shuts and lock.

Not sure what's going on.
I'll get VCDS on it tomorrow and see what it says.

Anyone else had this?

EDIT:
I opened the boot, clicked the latch over in the lid with a screw driver and pressed the open button on the key.
A high pitched motor started up, it sounded like the fuel cap motor but this time with the boot open I was able to try and locate it.
I failed. The only two motors that I know of in the right hand side of the boot is the lid motor and the fuel flap motor but neither of these showed signs that it was them spinning.

Is there any other motor or something that would make a noise?

used the remote and boot buttons to open and close the boot and nothing made a difference.

What is the resting point for the striker plate?
Mine appears to be right at the very bottom.

I'm going to look at the striker plate and such after work.