1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot window ready to drop out?!? Need help!?!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by supanova, Mar 9, 2011.

1. supanova

supanova A3 2.0 TDI SE

[Mar 9, 2011]
    ok so i have my rear window dewipered for a few weeks now and I noticed this noise everytime i went over bumps or rough roads. at first i thought it was a loose parcel shelf and thought nothing of it until i was closing my i could actually see the window jump up alittle on closing the boot.

does anyone else have this problem now or when they dewipered? i took it to auto glass and the man told me id have to put my wiper motor back in and just leave the wiper arm off but thats pointless on dewipering and also there must be a solution to my problem??

please help lol
    boot last night and notice my back window had movement i.e
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

[Mar 9, 2011]
    I would not have thought that the rear wiper would be holding the rear window in.
    I think the guy is talking poo.

Take it to a different glass place and ask for their advice.

you could buy some bonding agent and attempt resticking it your self, fine an indy glass place and get them to do it or smash it and claim on insurance for a new window (Not the best option granted).
  4. supanova

supanova A3 2.0 TDI SE

[Mar 10, 2011]
    yeah thats what i thought myself when he told me. i was thinking to myself what a dumbass!!

so im heading to chavfords sorry i mean ''Halfords'' today to see if they have any bonding solution for the window.
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Mar 10, 2011]
    When it happened to mine i used tiger seal. Granted it was an A4 and had nothing to do with a missing wiper