1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot trim

aragorn Jul 16, 2008

1. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Can anyone confirm wether the boot trim comes as one piece or if the plastic bit at the top is seperate?

The lugs that hold the load bay cover closed have snapped off on my avant and i'd like to replace them, but i dont know if i can just replace the plastic part or if the entire boot trim needs to come out

cheers

2. wellhouse0

wellhouse0 Member

i've just taken mine off a 2000 b5, i'm assuming your talking about the side panels in the back that the cubby holes are mounted in? if so you need to remove the trim at the bottom of boot opening that covers the boot latch (1 screw on each side then a lot of tugging to release the spring clips behind it - be patient) then you need to remove the rear side bolster on the side of the rear seat. Then remove the three screws that you can see exposed in the top plastic part of the trim (one at the rear near the part you've broken, one in the middle and one at the front) then remove the rear seat pin and cup that holds the seat upright (you will need a very long 17mm socket to undo the locking nut at the base of the pin don't be temped to do it without releasing the locking nut first you might round off the allen key fitting on the pin) finally there are two/three spring clips at the top off the trim that need to be persuaded to release from the bodywork underneath the trim. All the springs clips are a sod to release but be patient. Finally on the passenger side there may be a wire to the assessory 12v fitting that needs to be unplugged, good luck

3. wellhouse0

wellhouse0 Member

sorry forgot to say the carpet trim and plastic are one piece - the plastic is riveted onto the trim card

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

****!

So i'm going to need two full boot cards :(

I think i will try keying the surface a bit better and trying to epoxy the clips back on again, but if that doesnt work i'll need to try n find a breaker with the side panels available :(

Its rather annoying as i have an amp and sub in the boot and dont want it visible, the clips are holding just now, but not by much, so i'd like to get some kinda more permenant fix!