Boot Trim Removal

jordann

Reaction score
I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I need to access the standard sub unit and todo that I need to remove the boot trim/carpet, but I can't seem to find a guide on how to do it.

I've already searched the forum and all I can see are links to a VWAudi forum, which I'm reluctant to sign up to. I'm really hoping someone has the steps on how to remove it on this site or something that I can view without having to sign up for another login.

Here's what I need to remove...

50671-35cb614fdb62b8451098710681fed1a8.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9050.JPG
    IMG_9050.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 930
Remove the trim that goes across the rear of the boot, it pops up with 4 spring clips underneath, there is 1 small torx headed screw to remove at the top of the side trim, then push the seat forward, remove the round plastic cap & undo the larger torx headed bolt the seat hid when secured in place, then pull the side trim out towards the other side of the car also with spring clips, guiding it over & round the 2 metal floor securing hook units.

I had to do this recently to solve a rattle, lift the boot carpet up, and then pull on the centre part where the boot latch is, for the trim in the side there might be a screw, unscrew that and also take the boot light out, and then its a case of pulling the cover away from the car, I started from the side near the boot and worked my way up.

I had to do this recently to solve a rattle, lift the boot carpet up, and then pull on the centre part where the boot latch is, for the trim in the side there might be a screw, unscrew that and also take the boot light out, and then its a case of pulling the cover away from the car, I started from the side near the boot and worked my way up.

Thank you. I'll give this a try later on. If anyones got a step-by-step guide with pictures on this forum that'd be an amazing help.

Remove the trim that goes across the rear of the boot, it pops up with 4 spring clips underneath, there is 1 small torx headed screw to remove at the top of the side trim, then push the seat forward, remove the round plastic cap & undo the larger torx headed bolt the seat hid when secured in place, then pull the side trim out towards the other side of the car also with spring clips, guiding it over & round the 2 metal floor securing hook units.

Thanks for your help @NHN - I didn't see your post initially but that's going to be helpful.

I think we all use the link I posted.......

I've given in and signed up for the forum so I can read the write up. I'm going to attempt to do a write up so we can have one on this forum. Thank you.