1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boot to open fully of keyfob

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by vr6gordy, Jan 31, 2011.

1. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Well-Known Member

what needs to be done so when i press key fob boot button so it opens up fully and dosent just pop of the catch ?????????

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

My cab just clicks and moves so you cant really tell, have to lift it by hand which is fine my me.

4. 19scotty81

19scotty81 Push down and across !!!!!!!!!

Either a motor on the hinge etc or some big fat gas struts !!!!! Might be hard to close though

5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I think cars with a true auto open boot have motorised hinges. If the gas struts were that strong to throw an Avant tailgate right up I reckon you'd need to hang off it to close it!

6. 19scotty81

19scotty81 Push down and across !!!!!!!!!

I know when changing Q7 tailgates there's a hell of a lot of stuff goes into these hinges motor wise and operating wise, it's not just a couple of bolts , they need coded to the car and and sensors to make sure it's closed, personally i couldn't be arsed. He could get the new Ford Galaxy though, ha ha