1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot Release Question

ScottishA4B9 Jan 14, 2014

1. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon TDi

Hello All!

I have found that no matter what, I cannot manually open the boot of my A4. Even when the car is unlocked and I'm pressing the boot release catch on the bootlid, it won't do anything. The only way I can release the boot is by pressing the boot release switch on the drivers door, or with the remote.

I'm thinking the catch might be broken. Does anybody know how to check?

Many Thanks

2. DrSasso

DrSasso Active Member

stupid suggestion but are you double unlocking? think I remember seeing that one unlock press does the doors and then a second unlock press does the boot? #wildspeculation :p

just remember always pressing the lock twice to fully lock things on other cars, so dunno...

3. SI-W85

SI-W85 Well-Known Member

Check in the mmi as there are options to change how all the locks work, not sure if there is one for the boot lid or not...

4. turboblade

turboblade New Member

You have to change the mmi central locking settings to "no" under boot/tailgate

ScottishA4B9 likes this.
  5. SI-W85

SI-W85 Well-Known Member

This is what how it should be in the mmi

Attached Files:

ScottishA4B9 likes this.
  6. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon TDi

FINALLY got it working after 2 years of ownership!!!!!! Thanks guys!:icon_thumright:

7. Liquidfusion-S3

Liquidfusion-S3 I fall to peer pressure!

What was the problem in the end? MMI setting?

8. ScottishA4B9

Yup! lol

9. Anthony566

Anthony566 Active Member

I don't think I have that in my menu ... it must be hidden on mine ??

10. ScottishA4B9

I just went into CAR then CENTRAL LOCKING and found it. That's on a car equipped with MMI that is.