Boot problem, solenoid replaced!

EPboi

Reaction score
Hey all,

our a4`s boot kept randomly playing up when we got it (key fob was fully working), when the solenoid was replaced the middle button of the remote no longer opened the boot when pressed (no biggy we just used the main unlock button)

Now..the boot refuses to open even when using the main unlock button....a brand new solenoid was purchased and replaced with no improvements so it was sent back...all the fuses are fine....now what? not sure what to do now

anyone shine any light?

scanned with vagcom freeware with no codes....
confused.gif

B6 03 plate TDI

Wiring between the boot and the main body

Open the boot and check to see if it registers on the DIS

Is this a similar problem to the door wiring ??? where the wires can break at the hinges only my lad is having problems getting into the boot of his A4 saloon ???

when the boots open it registers on the display, i had a quick look with the grommet open and didnt see any breaks....will have a better look again

EDIT: No breaks in the wires, the middle button on the remote now does pop open the boot but the boot cant be opened when the cars unlocked via the switch pad...the switch pad has been cleaned with switch/contact cleaner....

Last edited:
Is this a similar problem to the door wiring ??? where the wires can break at the hinges only my lad is having problems getting into the boot of his A4 saloon ???

Yes

The wires on mine broke and it wouldn't register on the dash when it was open but depending on what wires are gone could depend on the symptoms although its not as common as the door wiring