Boot panel (exterior) s3

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi all.
The boot panel/ grab handle for an s3, would it be the same as an a3?.
All the same 97-03?? or were facelfts different.

Mine has a slight bubble of rust, which i want removing, but would prefer to get a replacement - then get it sprayed.

Regards
Callum

(also, if anyone is breaking an s3 here, and has one.. let me know //scrounge)

Im sure they are the same mate, Are you sure it's rust and not just paint bubble.

Could be a paint bubble, but either way i would like if fixed lol.
Is it plastic?.
Im sure mine looks different to the pre facelft a3's.. sort of flatter and less 3d?

Feels like its plastic yeh, Iv got a spot on the roof thought it was rust took it to audi and they basically told me to do one (in a nice polite manor) because it wasn't corrosion on the body only paint bubble..... Was well ****** off!!
Just rub it down with some wet & dry and respray it:icon_thumright:

How do you actually remove the handle/strip?

Guessing its from inside the boot panel somehow.
Audi nicely resprayed my roof and both rear quarters last year, so the paintowrks tip top other than this handle.
Also im getting the handle sprayed FOC for a favor.

Can anyone confirm if its the same as an a3? (etka ect)

Pre-facelift has an indentation around the lock. Post-facelift is smooth. I'm 99% sure A3 & S3 are identical apart from that.

How do you actually remove the handle/strip?

Take off the plastic trim from the inside of the boot and you can get to the 4 nuts that hold this piece in place. You will obviously need to disconnect the lights and boot switch before taking it out. It is made of ali on the s3, not so sure if it is the same on the a3 but I would expect so.

Sorry for the slight hijack, but how easy is it to replace the boot release microswitches in the tailgate, and what parts do I need to buy?
Anyone done this?
Cheers y'all.