1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot lip spoiler or not ??

Bradderz_1988 Nov 15, 2010

1. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Was toying with the idea of a m3 style boot lip for my 99 TQS I quite like it the way it is but fancy one any one got pics of one of these fitted to prefrable a LZ9U ????

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

They look good imo.

Lee's car has one fitted, dunno where there are any pics of it though.

3. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Don't know the paint code you posted but here's mine with teh M3 lip on it. I'm really pleased.

[​IMG]

4. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

i put my B6 one on the B5 but cant remember if I took a pic of the rear, mines the same paint code mate. Does look good.

will take a few pics tomorrow and post them up tho.

5. Lee Goodall

Lee Goodall Active Member

Yeah mine's real carbon but I don't have any close up pics on my computer unfortunately..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Tuffty

Tuffty Member

am i right in thinking these are off an e46 m3?

7. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

well yeah, but Lees one was an M3 Style CF lip, made specifically for the B5. So it meant the curve was right etc as the actual M3 ones need some tweaking iirc.

I would fit one to mine if it wasnt for the monstosity already fitted and the no doubt massive holes in my boot lid

8. Tuffty

Tuffty Member

is that the std audi job? mine had one originally but luckily someone has since removed it, the only giveaway is the "do not press down on the spoiler" sticker in the boot lol

9. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

10. Broken Byzan

Yeah the votex thingy, i am sure the original owner paid a fortune for it, but obv it would need to have the boot welded and repainted etc

11. Broken Byzan

12. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

13. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

You need to shape them to fit with a heat gun. I bought an E46 Compact spoiler about 2-3 years ago after seeing how good it looked on Docurley's widebody with the intention of fitting it because it looked far better than the cheap eBay rubber ones. Never got around to fitting it though as couldn't be bothered with the faff using a heat gun. Will sell it for £30 + p&p if you're interested (same as this one - BMW E46 3 SERIES 318 TI COMPACT REAR SPOILER GENUINE on eBay (end time 09-Dec-10 22:08:50 GMT) ).

14. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

if not i'll have it mate :)