1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. barachello

barachello New Member

Hi

I know there are loads of threads on this but none that I have found that are specific to my problem.

Basically the lights in the boot aren't working.

However, after removing the trim around the boot lock, and removing the connector that powers the lights, and refitting it, the lights come on.

When the boot is closed and reopened, the lights don't work again until the plug is removed and refitted.

I took the lock off and sprayed it with contact cleaner, and refitted it all. The lights then worked for about 5 mins of opening and closing, but then stopped again.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

What car do you have seeing you have posted in 2 sections

3. barachello

barachello New Member

Apologies

2003 a3 1.9tdi sport

8L

4. niallh

niallh Member VCDS Map User

I have the same problem, I believe from reading around it is the microswitch in the boot lock itself. Some have repaired it which is a relatively simple fix as its usually a corroded pin cause by a leaky washer either carefully sand of the suface rust or some has soldered a new pin in replacement

5. barachello

barachello New Member

I removed the lock last night, but thought there would be no way to split it, as it appears to be riveted together ?

6. barachello

barachello New Member

Anyone know how to split the lock without breaking it?