1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boot lid buttons

audii Jan 12, 2008

1. audii

audii Member

hello to all and a happy new year
    i have a problem with boot lid buttons on a a4 saloon they have stopped working cant open boot with out the key now no problems before hand just stopped working all of a suden i have turned the lock horizontal and back to try and corect it but no luck does any one know if there's a fuse for the buttons all the lights in the boot work fine so i dont think tis the fuse :confused:

thanks for any response

2. Siena

Siena Active Member

Do you hear any "click" when you press the touchpads?

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If you've deadlocked it by mistake I think you have to deadlock it again, then fully lock the car, then unlock the car, then undeadlock the boot and do the whole thing again. I had this issue a while back and it seems deadlocking the boot confuses the central locking.

4. audii

audii Member

yea i hear a light click wich is the micro switch i think. the really strange thing is that both switches dont work and stopped working with out warning does any of you know where theres a plug where i can use a meter to check if the switches are working