1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost (test) problems

The Stig Nov 17, 2009

1. The Stig

The Stig Member

Hallo world ;-)

Since a half year i am driving a Audi S3 8l 9-2000 APY, the has done 106000km. I bought the car in Germany and was already chipped by Digitech (235bhp).
    Now after a half year my boost seems getting worse. This is how it looks today, 3rd gear 2000 to rev limit:
    [​IMG]

So what did i do so far:
    - new MAF sensor (new maf 198 g/s, seem fine to me)
    - new N75
    - check for fault code's, never had any engine related fault codes!
    - Pressure test with compressor
    - tested the DV, perfecly holds vacuum

I also logged the lamda and the fuel trims:
    Witch also seem fine?
    [​IMG]

Then i checked Block 020 – Timing Retard, and is showing all zero's in all collums...looks a bit to good?

Last weekend i did a pressure test. I pressurized the system till 20psi, the system holds te pressure for 5-10 secs, the most of pressure is lost trough the PCV return hose. If i hold my thumb on the PCV return hose its leaking trough the oil filler cap. I dont think this is normal...?
    So it's hard to do a pressure test, besides the pcv return i dont hear a pssssss. The IC hoses are quite hard under pressure.

And what about the Digitech software? I red somewhere it could conflict with the audi software and that they turned off the timing retard (knock). Is this why i have all zero's??

Here a some pressure log from a half year ago till now:

When everything looked good
    [​IMG]

When things getting worse
    [​IMG]

Above, first pic, how things today are.

Last a log in 6th gear, 3000rpm to 5000rpm (alread dubble speed limit ;-))
    [​IMG]

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

could someone help me please :blush: