1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost problems with new exhaust

Discussion in 'Sales Questions' started by Fast,not furious, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Fast,not furious

Fast,not furious Dealing with an OCD

Hi guys,i'm looking for advice/help!
    I'm currently running an S38P with a GIAC hammer map (sorry!),Forge CAI and a newly fitted TBE from ExhaustsUk.

Since fitting the exhaust with 3" downpipe,sportscat 200 cell,mid box,2.5"pipes and cobra backbox,i've been having problems with loss of power higher in the rev range,and a noticeable loss of torque in high gears. I took the car to my GIAC dealer in Sheffield,who said the engine was overboosting,probably due to the new exhaust.

I'm not sure what to do,Millteks don't appear to suffer from this,and one forum member has suggested a custom remap,rather than spend any more trying to sort the exhaust. This was also my initial thought,which is why i took the car to the GIAC dealer (Sheffield),but after speaking to him,and his suggestion of putting a stock exhaust on and taking more data logs, i'm just unsure which course i should be taking!

Someone on the forum also suggested a faulty lambda sensor?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Gary
  2. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

Morning Gary,

Without actually looking at the car and checking out all the parameters it would be difficults to say.

We could list numerous things it could be you could then throw parts at it and waste alot of money till you find the actually problem.

If you like we could book it in for a daignostic session?

Ben
  3. Fast,not furious

Fast,not furious Dealing with an OCD

Thanks Ben,i've had the guys at JBS look at it,it was the fuel pump!