1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost problem

t2myd Nov 26, 2009

1. t2myd

t2myd Member

a4 tdi 99 model afn , theres a bracket behind passenger side headlight whitch have 3 electrical conectors fixed to it 1 brown and 2 green , ive got 1 green disconected i havent a clue where it goes ,its about 1.5 meters long i take it ,it goes to the drivers side but god knows where . ive had a boost problem since replaceing engine ,tried everything ,and came across this wire thats disconected ,i never had boost problems when old engine was in , so i take it this must have something to do with the running of the car it looks like a earth ? any ideas ?

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

i think theres a boost pressure sensor on the intercooler on a TDI, maybe its from that?

Vagcom will surely give you a reasonable idea of whats actually wrong with the car?

3. t2myd

t2myd Member

Finaly fixed the a4 .turned out to have 2 electrical connectors wrong .loads of power now , even beter now its had a de cat ,thanks everyone for your help and advice :beerchug: