1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost problem

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by t2myd, Nov 26, 2009.

1. t2myd

t2myd Member

a4 tdi 99 model afn , theres a bracket behind passenger side headlight whitch have 3 electrical conectors fixed to it 1 brown and 2 green , ive got 1 green disconected i havent a clue where it goes ,its about 1.5 meters long i take it ,it goes to the drivers side but god knows where . ive had a boost problem since replaceing engine ,tried everything ,and came across this wire thats disconected ,i never had boost problems when old engine was in , so i take it this must have something to do with the running of the car it looks like a earth ? any ideas ?

2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

i think theres a boost pressure sensor on the intercooler on a TDI, maybe its from that?

Vagcom will surely give you a reasonable idea of whats actually wrong with the car?

3. t2myd

t2myd Member

Finaly fixed the a4 .turned out to have 2 electrical connectors wrong .loads of power now , even beter now its had a de cat ,thanks everyone for your help and advice :beerchug: