1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost Problem I think. Help please?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dougy72, Nov 23, 2009.

1. dougy72

dougy72 New Member

[Nov 23, 2009]
    Hello,

Not written on here for a while so here goes.

I brought an A3 diesel with all the extra's on for a song because it had boiled it head, so i replaced the engine while it was apart put new clutch/flywheel, water pump, belt, tensioners and pullies. When i got it all back together i find that it struggles when it gets to 70mph and when i hill comes that goes down to 60. Now it seems as if the turbo is no boosting?

As i have never had a diesel before and it was not running properly when i got it so cannot tell you the difference.

Any help on this would be good as i am just about at the end of my savings sorting and rebuliding what i thought would be a good runner.

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 22, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 23, 2009]
    Welcome to the site.

Ideally you need to do some boost logs & see if the car has thrown any errors to see where the fault may lie, of course you'd need vagcom for this tbh & to have prelnged use of the tool to test the problems only leaves the option to buy the kit mate.

If interested give me a shout as I sell the genuine item for diagnostic testing.

I'm leaning towards sticking vanes/wastegate issues, but without logs cant tell much atm