Boost Problem I think. Help please?

dougy72

Reaction score
Hello,

Not written on here for a while so here goes.

I brought an A3 diesel with all the extra's on for a song because it had boiled it head, so i replaced the engine while it was apart put new clutch/flywheel, water pump, belt, tensioners and pullies. When i got it all back together i find that it struggles when it gets to 70mph and when i hill comes that goes down to 60. Now it seems as if the turbo is no boosting?

As i have never had a diesel before and it was not running properly when i got it so cannot tell you the difference.

Any help on this would be good as i am just about at the end of my savings sorting and rebuliding what i thought would be a good runner.

Thanks

Welcome to the site.

Ideally you need to do some boost logs & see if the car has thrown any errors to see where the fault may lie, of course you'd need vagcom for this tbh & to have prelnged use of the tool to test the problems only leaves the option to buy the kit mate.

If interested give me a shout as I sell the genuine item for diagnostic testing.

I'm leaning towards sticking vanes/wastegate issues, but without logs cant tell much atm