Boost problem after re-map

Chrisco54

Reaction score
Hi, kinda new to this so apologies in advance... I've got a 2003 s3 bam engine, decided to get it mapped last week and after picking it up ... wow what a difference!! Then few days later IML comes on so gets it checked and comes up lambda sensor heater circuit fault! I'm assured by guys who mapped it that it had nothing to do with maps do it's just a coincidence that's happened and won't affect it so fair enough I'll look into it further and get it fixed... but then day after that it's like there's no power and as if the map was never done! Then next day it's back going like train again! So i do a bit of searching and read about dv valves, n75 valves etc so I've replaced both those valves but still feel like it's not got the power it had after being mapped! Trying to do do as much self diagnosis before making a fool of myself and going back to the guys that done the re-map... is it possible it's something to do with the map at all or ?? Thanks in abvance...

generic map or done on dyno to suit the car? done on dyno at all, pre map fault codes checked?

you need to get your fault codes checked first, vcds www.ross-tech.com is the best tool for this..

Wasn't done on a dyno as they don't have one so I guess it was a generic map then? I had codes come up before map about the n75 valve which was checked and cleared and never came back... told the guy that was doing the map this so he done a diagnostic check before map and said it was all good and no codes showing! I've got a guy going to hook it up this week for me and today I might try and check all the hoses for splits/leaks.... not sure if maybe any of the new valves I put on might be faulty? Just thought I'd pop on here and see if anyone could 1rst..

Also .. I think it's had the n249 delete done before I got it! Could this cause issues?