Boost problem after fitting tfsi coil packs??

g60leigh

Reaction score
Could be coincidental but, I have fitted a set of tfsi coil packs today and taking it for a test run.
The car seems to be pulling better and running better but when it comes onto boost it seems to hold back then take off.
I have a forge 007p dv with the 1st stage uprated spring (yellow I think)
My car has a stage 1 revo map.

I am thinking the old coils were on the way out and holding the car back a bit.

I have run a scan and not getting any faults.

Can anyone advice if you think it is the dv holding the boost back / sticking or could it be the coil packs ( which seems strange as it feels so much stronger)

Thanks all.

Ive just ordered some from awesome GTI. Have you put your original coils back on to see if it makes any difference? Also are you using adaptors by any chance?

Not using any adaptors.
I haven't tried putting the old coil packs on yet as its a bit late tonight to try it.

I'm thinking it is a dv problem or possibly n75 as it is running and pulling better than before. Just the hesitation before it kicks in.

Sorry...abit off topic but how much are the tfsi coils and how much difference do they actually make?

What are the benefits/advantages over standard coils?

Only real advantage is they somehow make the 1.8t smoother on part throttle. No power gains have been proved really, at least when bill and tufty tested them there wasn't. They will also help cars running high boost levels, which doesnt include any running a k04 lol.

There is a couple fairly decent threads on here about the tfsi coils

Have a look around for them I get four genuine brand new ones from eBay.

Like it has been said above, I don't think there is any performance gain but better running.
I think my old ones were shot, I had one fail a few weeks ago due to oil ingress from a leaking rocker cover gasket.
I only replaced that one at the time as planned on getting these and now try have been fitted I can definitely feel the car running an pulling better.

Only thing I have is this hesitation before it takes off on boost. But I think this is due to something else.

I am hoping someone can throw me some advice on her :)

Thanks.

no performance gains in power/torque from the tests we did on 2 types and larger gaps..
BUT in real world driving tuffty reports slightly improved mpg and smoother running