boost pressure control valve mechanical malfunction

stoneys3

Reaction score
hi, this is the fault on my s3 2001 amk. anyone had this? and is it a case of replacing the valve or there any ways round it??

ash

it says on diagnostics boost pressure valve malfunction (n249) so i have answered my own question there. does anyone know if i remove this and do the n249 mod will it stop my boost problem. problem being a loosing alot of boost intermittant. any one had similar problems?

Bypassing the N249 valve won't fix the issue entirely I don't think.... If the ECU stills thinks there is a problem with the N249 regardless of the bypass (as you would need to leave it electrically connected) then the ECU will still throw a fault code and do all the other stuff to protect itself like mess with fuelling and cut boost using the N75 valve....

I suspect replacing the N249 for a working one (without actually seeing the fault code I can't say for sure) will have to be done regardless

<tuffty/>

ok yeh, snap-on code is p1200 and reads boost pressure control valve (n249) mechanical malfunction. so i need to source i new valve by the sounds of it.

I had the same fault code on mine, changed the valve but still had fault, then about a week later a coil pack went, changed all four and now no fault code for the n249 valve, don&#8217;t know if a faulty coil pack could cause the fault or if it was just a coincidence

hmmmm?? how much was the valve? if the valve and coil packs arnt too much i mite change them all for the grin. where you get them from??

get coil packs from the dealer, prob an extra £20 over non standard but theres been loads of updates and OEM in this instance really is best

the N249 will be dealer only....

contact stoke audi or pjmspeedy off here as they will do them cheaper than your main dealer

al give them a ring monday. you say extra £20 is this each or for 4 thats £80 otherwise.

I had the same fault code on mine, changed the valve but still had fault, then about a week later a coil pack went, changed all four and now no fault code for the n249 valve, don&#8217;t know if a faulty coil pack could cause the fault or if it was just a coincidence
i dont know wether to get the valve first and try that or get the coil packs first i can get the packs for 94inc vat and the valve 54+vat..decissions?

any advice on which to go for first? valve or coil packs?