boost pipe popping off ***

welshd1k

Reaction score
ok driverside lower 90 bend is popping of intercooler side .

do I go OEM replacement(yet to get a price) or get bayonet adapters (seen them £17 each) and silicone hose route?

any other alternatives? s3 intercooler? have read self tapper it in but does this actually work and wont it damage the intercooler

try spraying hairspray inside the hose and on the intercooler then put together and leave to dry for 30 mins. worked for me.

just jubilee clamps , this was on my jtd grande punto so I'm not sure on how the intercooler is fitted on a3s. picked the tip up of a scooby forum.

self tapper works straight through plastic and into cooler pipe ,wont really damage anything,one small hole ,alot cheaper than replacing the pipe work .

Do not put a self tapper into your boost pipes it only creates another hole for your boost to leak out off hard pipe kit it from darkside or come or chop the end of ur boost pipe and inter cooler pipe n then jubilee clip it

Do not put a self tapper into your boost pipes it only creates another hole for your boost to leak out off hard pipe kit it from darkside or come or chop the end of ur boost pipe and inter cooler pipe n then jubilee clip it

The tiny 3 mm hole will be filled with the thread of a screw .could even pop a small amount of pu adhesive over the screw head if you want it that tight . were not all sheep that follow people to buy from darkside and there inflated pricing. And i personally think chopping the end off tbe boost pipe and the intercooler and then trying to hold it sealed with a piece of tube and jubilee clips even worse than a self tapping screw . Without the lip on the ends of the pipes the jubilee clip and rubber or silicone hose will just pull off .

you are aware of how the hoses fit the intercooler right? cant see how on earth a jubilee clip will ever hold it on

God I hate those pipes, such a poor design. They did it on purpose... I had the same problem with the passenger L shaped intercool. Replaced it, it was fairly tight but I said screw it lol, removed it, cleaned it dry of all oil and I put a generous amount of tiger seal around the metal bit on both ends and jammed it back in. Put the clip back, and then a massive big dollop of tiger seal around the two connecting pipes and intercool. Let it dry and it ain't goin nowhere lol.

I've put self tappers in my mk4 bolf running 2.0 bar of boost and all it did was make the leak worst in the long run

Cheaper using body filler...
Sorry was that reply aimed at me? If so it's all I had, body filler is that not for body paint work type thing? How is it going to stop a pipe separating?