Boost Pipe Leak?

Bolly

Reaction score
Hi all

A few months ago a pipe came loose and caused the turbo to go into limp mode! Made an awful noise but managed to get it to the garage and have them look at it. They finally said that one of the pipes have come loose and that caused the loss in pressure. The turbo goes into limp mode for safety. Sounds right.

The pipe in question comes from the turbo region and into another down the right hand side and then into the inter-cooler? I think.

The part number is 06A 145 790 A. I have been told there are two 'ears' on the pipe that help it hold its place and over time these get worn an the seal is not as good. I have been told that this part is obsolete? What are my options. What have you guys done in the past? Surely there is an aftermarket part that can be fitted. My emissions warning light is constantly on and I think this has something to do with it.

Thanks

That looks like the one. I assume that I do not want a second hand part as I will face the same problem again. Is there a better way of fastening the pressure pipe?

Any suggestions? I have put a parts request in .. hopefully that offers a solution. Are there any others?