boost or vacume hose & clips?

S3KO4

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have splitting issue with the small hose that goes to from the charge pipe to under the N75 valve. it has splite 3 time recently, I went to audi today to buy it, but they say the sell the entire kit only for nearly £90 not good! does anyone know which size hose/tube I need to buy from ebay? they have 3mm to 10mm! not sure what is best, also what size clips for the boost hoeses as they keep moving about thanks.

Which boost hoses? i can check at dinner time for you...
Also i had the same issue with the n75 hose... i sacked it off as i bought the full kit before and it just split again 3 months later. I will measure that too if you havent sorted it by then,

looking at it id say it was around 6-8mm internal diameter. If i was honest, id say sticking any hose on it would look scruffy, due to the amount of formed bends in the original pipe. There must be a reason why its splitting thought? are you using correct size jubilee clips, and are you doing them up too tight? They dont need to be mentally tight, just tight enough to stop the hose the slipping over the barb.

Best place for hose etc is your local hose/ hydraylics suppliers. You will find most places will have one, its just there hidden away on industrial estates. Mine are brilliant, any size hose and any bend available on the day.

Well if you leave the sleeving in place then you simply thread the new silicone hose through that and it follows the form of the old one as it is held to the larger hose.
The engine cover hides anything that looks out of place,
The split due to the tight bends at either end and/or over tightening of the hose clips

I have 55 to 70 mm hose clips on all my large boost pipes
The smaller hose you mention ... the old pipe measures 7mm internal diameter and the fittings it goes over are 8.5 mm
Hope that helps

thanks guys, well I think I had it over tightened. so I will make sure to be easy on it for the next set of hose I get on.. I will just buy 8mm hose on ebay then I hope it should be fine.