1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost map sensor fitting

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by jamie226bhp, Jun 19, 2011.

1. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

Is it possible to fit a boost sensor to my 1.8tqs ajl instead of just using the maf to control boost or is it un realistic because of cost or work involved

#1 jamie226bhp, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B"
    Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Silver Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

New harness and new ecu. (from a later engine, APU/AWT iirc), Aragorn knows about this i think, no doubt he'll be around some time soon.

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

The ECU's with the boost sensor are all electronic throttle, so you'd also need to change the throttle body, add the pedal sensor, find suitable MAF and injectors etc. So not a streight swap, but looks to be relatively plug and play so long as you have a 2000MY car.

I've got myself an APU ECU and loom here, as i fancy converting the Shed to DBW as a proof of concept, i also fancy adding wideband and a ME7.5 ECU as well.

5. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

I'll wait for u to work out the details then I think and see what the result is