Boost leak, Weak Actuator or boost gauge?

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a bit of a problem with my boost at the moment. When i floor it in 2nd or 3rd i reach about 5000rpm and the boost starts to drop dramatically until about 11 psi up to 6500rpm :wtf:

:racer: Now when i hit boost around 2500 it goes up to 20 then almost immediately drops to 17-18psi then holds and drops as above at around 5000rpm.

So is it just my pathetic noob turbo (k03), a boost leak of some sort, my actuator (r-tech said it was weak when i got it remapped last year) or just a dodgey boost gauge.

What you reckon peeps? I plan on getting it scanned this weekend if i get time. (which blocks do i measure for boost btw? (can u do it on VCDS lite))

Cheers! :icon_thumright:

ok so its all in my head and its just a crappy turbo? i swear if never used to do it this badly though

they can loose their performance and ability to hold boost at high revs with age.. and leaks will murder their flow/pressure ability.. Also well worth checking it for leaks.. smoke test reveals all sorts if you have somewhere local who have this kit

they can loose their performance and ability to hold boost at high revs with age.. and leaks will murder their flow/pressure ability.. Also well worth checking it for leaks.. smoke test reveals all sorts if you have somewhere local who have this kit

ok cheers im going with my mate tonight to a local remap place so will ask em there. Vagtech i think theyre on here actually. will see if they have the smoke test