1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost leak/ turbo?

audi_a3_turbo Jul 15, 2011

1. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

1999 Audi A3 1.8T

Ive noticed that my car doesnt feel like its pulling right for sometime now. I have noticed that I can hear the turbo spoiling up hard when I have my foot planted but not much action until highier up the rev range. Not sure if I should be looking for a boost leak??
    Cheers
    Rob

2. LiveWire

LiveWire S3X

Checking for boost leaks would be a good start, also scanning for fault codes with vag com may show up any problems you could have.

My car had a boost leak for ages, once I found out where it was comming from and fixed it I got all the power back that I had been missing :icon_thumright:

3. audi_a3_turbo

audi_a3_turbo Member

Right okay then, thanks for your response :icon_thumright:

4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 s tronic

Also check in your DV if not a hose,I found the spigot have been pushed on my Forge 007p one.....too much Revo power :)

5. s3 beast

s3 beast New Member

check the dv, mine was only blowing at 2000 every gear

6. A3 T

A3 T Lord Of The Rings

Could this be a case of the hot weather as there seems to be a few threads like this recently (just titled differently)?

I also shave the same problem and cant find ant split hoses.

My boost gauge is saying I'm getting good boost, but the car just don't feel like it is.

7. A3 T

A3 T Lord Of The Rings

Also when was your DV last serviced?

And did you use the correct dump valve grease?