Boost issues/questionable map

S3_Mitch

Money pit owner
Reaction score
Hi all, I have gradually been modifying my 2002 BAM engine s3 since I bought it a few months ago. The car already had stage 1 AMD and I have added other mods as follows:

Bager 5 TIP
BMC come filter
Forge 008p? DV (can remember the code but it's the newer one)
N294 bypass
200 cell sports cat and custom cat back exhaust

Last night I fitted a boost gauge (off DV valve - manifold vacuum line). The gauge reads -25 vacuum on idle and when I put my foot down it's steady on 15psi boost (only tested up to 4th gear).

My question is, is this running correct boost levels? I was under the impression I should be at around 20psi boost. VCDS only comes up with an intermittent lean fuelling fault (I scanned a few weeks back).

What could be the issue here? Also I'm very inclined to get a new map as this one was done in 06. Does the mods I've done require a map tweak? also the Rev limiter seems harsh and early, I hit it in second possibly before 7k (just before hitting 60mph) when should it cut in?

Any responses will be appreciated, thanks.

I spoke to my friend and he said when we plugged in before he's fairly sure it was boosting the same as requested

Update

After studying the boost gauge it seems that when I accelerate hard it shoots up to 20psi then instantly drops and holds at 15psi?

logs of 115 would be handy.. If its request is only 2000mb then its a mild map.. Some overshoot common on many maps