BOOST HP with Air intake sensors on ebay?!??

doeboy

Reaction score
You may or may not have seen these, they're all over the place including the Audi "styling" section too.

In short they seem to be a small resistor that you bung (note my technical knowledge here) into the air intake sensor socket. This fools the ECU in thinking that it's always cold air coming into the engine and therefore adjusts the fuel mixture to the engine and can produce upto 20hp. Seems a fair theory.

This is my Q to those of you who've had remaps, although the adds refer to it only working on non turbo engines.

Having just had my car remapped last sat, is it likely to have included this type of mod to the ECU already? I know it has something to do with changing the fuel mix values. I have a feeling that i've something similar has been applied with my remap.

Any ideas?

I'd steer well clear of 'gadgets' like that on ebay or anywhere else. You've had a remap which is the right way to go.
If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is..!!

a remap will alter the air/fuel mixture anyway, you will not have anythng like the item you are talking about on ebay as it is a TOTAL scam. the mapper will add fuel to compensate for the up'd boost, increased rev range etc.
the product (resister thing) will not work as far as i am aware on any engine.
mappers actually alter the air/fuel tables not fit something to try and fool the ecu.

hope this helps and if i have something wrong i am sure someone will correct me as i have not looked at mapping an audi yet but know this product has been slated on the skyline and civic forums.

hth

running hig A/F ratio will screw your engine and will not give you power, just black exhaust fumes and a bill for a new CAT and O2 sensor

exactly, the fuelling wil be out of the window, waste of time in my opinion. why run a map to suit a cold engine when it's warm, it just doesn't make any sense at all. these people never substantiate their claims with dyno readout or vag-com logs, why? because the don't work