1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost hoses / not getting 260 bhp output

Discussion in 'Sales Questions' started by Burkey, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Burkey

Burkey New Member

I had the AMD Stage 1 remap on my 03 S3 225 to take the bhp up to 260 in May this year. When I had the work done AMD replaced one of my boost hoses, but it only outputted 230bhp on the rolling road. I was told this was because the engine was now hot and it was not possible to get a genuine reading. I brought the car back 5 weeks later to have the 50k service carried out and specifically asked for a rolling road read out to show I was achieving 260bhp. I left the car with AMD on Saturday and picked it up on Tuesday evening. When i arrived to collect the vehicle I was told that it was only outputting 234bhp (test 1 226bhp test 2 234bhp) and that there must be another boost hose leak but AMD had not had time to change this. I can't help feeling that I have paid the best part of£500 for a 9bhp upgrade and did not detect any sense of responsibility from AMD to ensure the car outputted the promised 260bhp.
  2. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

Morning,

Did you ever bring the car back to us after we said there may be more boost leaks? I find it strange we would not have asked you to bring the car back in when possible to be looked at.

Please call us and we will get the car in to take another look at it which is what im sure would have been advised at the time.

Ben
  3. Burkey

Burkey New Member

Yes I was advised to bring the car back but I don't exactly live round the corner. If the car was not delivering the claimed output when I drove after having the remapping work carried out, but then I bring the car back to you a month later and leave it with you for 3 days, carrying out the rolling road test at the end of the day that I am collecting it does not leave any time to make any adjustments. I will try to find a day to bring it back before the end of the year but I have to say I was pretty disappointing by this experience as I did specifically ask for this to be checked.
  4. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

If I remember correctly and this is the car im thinking of, we had other work to do on the car and the car was not ready to go on the dyno untill near the end of that day which unfortunatley did mean we ran out of time.

Please call us to book the car in and we will see what the issue is.