Boost Guage

dale86

Reaction score
Hi I've just wired up my New south vent pod very happy with it ,well how it looks lol. I've yet to see it perform as I'm stuck on where to run the vac line through the bulk head. Can I run it through where the ECU is at as I ideally need it on this side.

Run it behind the glove box, under the cabin filter is a grommet that's not used.

Reactions: deano1978
As above. Easier poping hood and locating the little rubber gromet next to battery ( sort of behind the glove box)
Get a wire coat hanger and gently poke it through (glove box out) when through, tape ur hose to it,and from the glove box pull through.

Reactions: A4sportMrT
Sorted it put through where the ECU is. It was a doddle really I couldn't of run it through the other side as their just wasn't enough hose supplied to go from my egr delete where it plumbs in to all the way to the access near the battery then up to my boost guage. The route through the ECU was half that but thanks for the help people.

IMAG0525

It's not the best pic my phone is crap at takin pics in the dark . Does anyone know what kind of boost it should be producing it spikes up to nearly 30 psi then levels off at about 25 psi is this right it has a black smoke remap with egr delet and a full stainless with no boxes in it .

I used to have a New south gauge on my Passat very happy with it.

I notice yours is the petrol version with the vacuum part on it which you will never need.

25 PSI is 1.7 bar , what is the engine in your car as thats high for a 130PD . A standard 130PD 175bhp map will run about 1.55-1.6 bar max on a standard turbo which is 23- 23.5 psi .

I would say it's a touch high but it might be the gauge. Try logging specified and actual on VCDS and see what that gives you.

Karl.

I'll keep an eye on it it just seems to spike up to just under 30 say about 27 maybe then levels off at about 25 I'm not too fussed I only fitted it as I'm gona put my front mount on soon so I can compare it befo're and after and check for leaks .

If you have VCDS you can log the actual and specified boost levels in real time. The specified figures are basically taken from the boost map.

Karl.