1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost Guage Holders?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by S3DBW, Jul 8, 2006.

1. S3DBW

S3DBW Member

Hi Guys,

Whats available in the way of boost guage holders for current A3 TFSI models?

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

4. S3DBW

S3DBW Member

5. cdb2

cdb2 Member

LMAO @ Eeef.

I wondered why the Audi had circular air vents, now I know they are for aftermarket gauges. Would prefer cool air coming out of them personally!

Eeef - you could fit some in those VW Camper Vans of yours, along with the pink wiper arm covers, neons and spinners! I hope you are fitting a hydraulic surf board lift on them like they did on Pimp My Ride!

6. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

er, no, in a word.

The bus will look something like this http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/233570.jpg

With an interior from http://www.interiormotiveuk.com/index.html
    Have a look at Photos then Stuart Days van

7. mikep

mikep Member

8. cdb2

cdb2 Member

The pic is great EEEF, those old VW Campers look great restored, real style icons.

I like the ones with the cool push out front windows.

Where are you sourcing your 'fleet' from. A lot of people used to import them from the Baha coast of California as they rarely rusted out there, though I guess they'd all be left hookers.

Whether it's a new car or an old classic, keep it OEM in my opinion.

9. dorgan

dorgan Member

10. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

You're not wrong. We're budgeting on about £25k at the moment

11. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

The samba vans are the most sought after and therefore expensive of the lot though!

A couple of my mates have got buses, one's just had a full restoration that has taken 7 years to complete. The guy who did the body work hand rolled/beat the panels! He's just got it back from having a 2.2 lairy lump put in it with lots of mid range torque to make it nicer to drive and it is absolutely gorgeous.

The others a lemony green one thats just been restored and is waiting to have the interior done.

Personally I would go for un restored ones and get them rebuilt so you know whats happened to them. I'm assuming if your renting them out it will be mainly during the holiday/show season which you may have missed this year anyway?

J.

12. madvw

madvw Active Member

my god eeef. You're going to restore those and RENT them out??

If i had the cash to restore one of those, it'd be a keeper, not let out for people to abuse! As pointed out, the one in your pic is one of the rarest bus's out there! I just couldnt do it!

I remember seeing one of those in a car magazine years ago. It was owned by nuns, who had restored it to 100% original condition - and they used it to go on their tambourine banging holidays.

13. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

But they rent for over £500 a week in peak season ;)

To be fair, finding a 21 or 23 window Samba is proving more than tricky. It'll probably end up as a 15 window, but it'll still be a fair chunk of cash. We're looking for a structurally sound one (so prob import) and then get the cosmetics done and the interior fitted. There's a few out there, just need to be in the right plasce at the right time.

Our plan is to have it ready for Easter next year and it'll probably debut at Volksworld in April. We'll try and get it in a few magazines first as well, just to get it known.