Boost graph, comparison? 2.0 tfsi

Cambaines

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can compare a stage 2 2.0tfsi boost graph with me, looks like I have a boost leak and it also looks like my car isn't reaching max boost fast enough? Can anyone help on this?

1st pic is a 2nd gear pull

2nd pic is a 3rd gear pull
24d7779070e31a20f827706a656784c9.jpg
9692a028818ea1674c045385a2767c39.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

From my experience, there will always be a lag between requested and actual. It looks worse on your graphs because of your rpm scale. If you logged a full run with say 3 gear changes on a single graph I bet it would look a lot better. Usually, if you have a boost leak it will spike more then drop back as the ECU tries to control it.

Reactions: S3Alex
From my experience, there will always be a lag between requested and actual. It looks worse on your graphs because of your rpm scale. If you logged a full run with say 3 gear changes on a single graph I bet it would look a lot better. Usually, if you have a boost leak it will spike more then drop back as the ECU tries to control it.
Thsnks for thr reply buddy, I shall do some more runs on with a few gear changes, I agree that it will take a while to get to the requested boost, I just thought it was strange that it was taking until 3800 rpm to get to full boost, I would have thought it would be around 3000rpm, also think it's strange that it doesn't stay to the requested boost after it, seems like it can't hold, it's a good 1.5psi down, first time I've logged so I'm not even sure what "normal" is

Are you K03 or K04? Who did your map? Peak boost at 3800rpm is about right for a stage 2 K04, maybe a bit high. Does it feel laggy i.e. the boost comes in all at once? Any error codes? Did you check your DV?

Are you K03 or K04? Who did your map? Peak boost at 3800rpm is about right for a stage 2 K04, maybe a bit high. Does it feel laggy i.e. the boost comes in all at once? Any error codes? Did you check your DV?
It's a ko3 matey, stage 2 from rick at unicorn developments, the map its self feels good, does feel down on power, don't know of I'm used to it, I get a flat spot at 5k in 4th, i think it's running out of fuel too, chasing my tail with it all really, would like to see if i can log to see if it runs out of fuel, DV was changed last year to a piston style, PCV was changed at the same time

Ran a scan on it and it came up with 000665 boost pressure regulation - P0299 - 002 - control range not reached.

Never changed my n75?

Going to have a simple look at all the pipes today before I worry about anything else, it 100% has a leak, just wonder how much it's actually effecting it

It's a ko3 matey, stage 2 from rick at unicorn developments, the map its self feels good, does feel down on power, don't know of I'm used to it, I get a flat spot at 5k in 4th, i think it's running out of fuel too, chasing my tail with it all really, would like to see if i can log to see if it runs out of fuel, DV was changed last year to a piston style, PCV was changed at the same time

Ran a scan on it and it came up with 000665 boost pressure regulation - P0299 - 002 - control range not reached.

Never changed my n75?

Had same code come up on mine about boost pressure regulation control range not met but I also had a misfiring cylinder and my spark plug had moulded to my ignition coil. Got them all changed and after a few days my engine management light when off. Worth looking at your plugs?

Had same code come up on mine about boost pressure regulation control range not met but I also had a misfiring cylinder and my spark plug had moulded to my ignition coil. Got them all changed and after a few days my engine management light when off. Worth looking at your plugs?
I did have a misfire on cylinder 3 the other day tbh! I will check them any way man! I think this is going to be a can of worms to be honest

Reactions: Tylerrr.
3800rpm for a K03 is insane! You should be peaking at 2500rpm tops, maybe less with a good map! Have you serviced your DV? They are prone to sticking and tbh I would recommend just fitting a later G version of the std dv, combined with a DV+ adapter. Lag has nothing to do with mis-fires, you have a leak or your DV is stuck, or something else. Trouble with K03 is that your dv is hard to get to.

3800rpm for a K03 is insane! You should be peaking at 2500rpm tops, maybe less with a good map! Have you serviced your DV? They are prone to sticking and tbh I would recommend just fitting a later G version of the std dv, combined with a DV+ adapter. Lag has nothing to do with mis-fires, you have a leak or your DV is stuck, or something else. Trouble with K03 is that your dv is hard to get to.
I need to take my dv off and have a look today, it's the piston style which is meant to be great! Only replaced last year I would say, dv is a ball ache to get too, not to bad if I whip the wheel off, the car feels like it boost strong but just feels slow to get there as shown on the graph! Never serviced the dv either, wouldn't have thought I had too? Cheers man here's some 3rd 4th 5th gear pull, blatant underboost
617319b4729db3bbc512793c4a425448.jpg

Log your N75 duty cycle, it's in block 118. There we can see how hard the turbo is working.

Rick
Okay rick I have done a 2nd gear pull, 3rd gear pull and 2nd-3rd gear pull today and here are the graphs including n75, I took my Intercooler pipes off and cleaned them at weekend, new piston DV when you mapped it and a new PCV shortly before, I feel the flat spot a lot more when it's hot to be honest, how do these look? You can see the length of time for the boost on the 2nd gear pull most, and the obvious actual boost pressure being under

Thanks in advance
660397c0a4a78ab8dbd7db107fcf9fae.jpg
9e81ca6312c19494283f382c18f356df.jpg
62999eaa06d26f87279361fc20abf99c.jpg

Looking at other people's I'm thinking my n75 shouldn't look like this!

2nd gear is over too quickly to give a meaningful log. You really want to be starting out in 4th. But, there is nothing horrendous showing up there. The chances are the actuator will be a little weak as this is pretty common but the best cars will only manage around 14.5 psi on the standard actuator at 6000rpm.

Rick

Reactions: HHS3
2nd gear is over too quickly to give a meaningful log. You really want to be starting out in 4th. But, there is nothing horrendous showing up there. The chances are the actuator will be a little weak as this is pretty common but the best cars will only manage around 14.5 psi on the standard actuator at 6000rpm.

Rick
Thanks for the reply rick, happy the N75 looks normal too! Recon I will just have a slight boost leak somewhere? If your happy I want to come down this week and get the switch and crackle mapped in, I will inbox the page, can you let me know if you have any slots this week? Guess you can have a look for yourself then too on a 4th gear pull?