1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boost gauge

Danielson Aug 31, 2004

1. Danielson

Danielson Member

could only do one at a time, would have been better if it was round at 15 psi... yeehaa /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. K212

K212 Member

Nice job snoop, how'd you do that?

3. Danielson

Danielson Member

ahh im glad some ones interested, what i did was to remove inner air vent assembly, just unclips, then u can remove main vent unit, i had a mate lay up a fibreglass layer on the front surface, for me, then u need to cut a hole 52mm mine. got it trimmed in alcantara (grey to match a pillars) fit gauge and then bond to main vent front edge, can easily be removed and back to standard in about 5 mins. was quite lucky as i had help along the way...

4. K212

K212 Member

Doesn't Awe-tuning make a vent gauge for your car?

5. Danielson

Danielson Member

they do but where is the fun in that..

6. [ QUOTE ]
    K212 said:
    Doesn't Awe-tuning make a vent gauge for your car?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, its also stupidly expensive!!!

that looks good, may have to copy you for my boost guage:) ill probably do it on the centre vent though cos thats pretty useless.

7. Bradley

Bradley New Member

Snoop Just saw the pic looks good. Just a random question, Does anyone know a way or resetting the oil light. I have the same display as shown in the picture.? Will I have to use the vag reprogrammer?

8. imported_Afour

imported_Afour Guest

where exactly do you tap into in the intake/turbo for the gauge i have a 2000 a4 1.8t us model any help is appreciated

9. don't know about the audis, but on my old car i tapped into the hose which runs from the inlet manifold too the fuel pump.

10. Markey

Markey Active Member

I have a PDF document from an Audi tuners which shows you how to install the boost guage and the best place to connect it...

If anyone wants it PM me with your e-mail and ill send it on.
    I would host it but dont have an space...