Boost gauge pictures and prices please.

Dan Gliballs

Reaction score
Hey mofo's, I'd be very grateful for any pictures of your chosen boost gauges aswell and info and prices/where you got them from etc.

For a good while I really wanted the AWE vent-gauge (still do really), but the daft price was putting me off (£207 all in!!!!). I finally got round to emailing AMD to haggle on the daft price, only to be emailed back and told that they don't sell them anymore (despite being shown on both the old and new websites).

So, short of ordering one from over the pond, wht are my other options at the moment? I don't want a pillar-mounted one either by the way.

It would be extra funky if the face and illumination matched that of my prefacelift S4 clocks.

Many thanks :salute:

this is mine mate, about £20 on ebay, works ok and lights red at night to match the car lighting

08102009050.jpg

there is a lot out there to choose from and im after the oil presure next but unsure were and how i will install it

I've posted up pics of my Omori gauge a billionty times which matches my pre-facelift S4 perfectly. I chopped up a vent to fit it. You can pick them up for £50-60 off eBay.

Don't think I can access Photobucket at work, so won't be able to find the link, but if you look at some past Boost Gauge threads, i'm sure you'll find my pics.

Karl - Your gauge is reading nearly 1 bar but you're parked?.. love to see what you get when you're moving? lol

I've bought one from eBay and plan to mount it in the middle air vent (when I get round to it!)

This one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMOKED-TURBO-...s_SM?hash=item2a01a8c22c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Quite like that one :cool:

I'm keeping my eye out for some facelift vents just in case I start chopping up vents and getting it wrong (I'll have spares). Can't remember if I've asked this before but I'm assuming the facelift vents drop straight in and the illuminated side of things is simple to power-up?

Yes, the facelift vents will slot straight in, and illumination is easy as the dash illumination wires all share the same colour coding (I think grey/blue and another colour).

Is there actually any difference between the facelift vents and the pre-facelift ones?

I know the housing has illuminated controls, but i mean the actual louvers themselves?

If they're the same, it'd be easier to find some pre-facelift ones as spares incase you break them, rather than trying to find the saught after facelift housing....

Is there actually any difference between the facelift vents and the pre-facelift ones?

I know the housing has illuminated controls, but i mean the actual louvers themselves?

If they're the same, it'd be easier to find some pre-facelift ones as spares incase you break them, rather than trying to find the saught after facelift housing....

Yeah, the louvres would be the same,............hence I'd still have spare vents to chop about ;)

Nah, all standard January 1999 prefacelift at the moment.

Just found a pic of the gauge in the vent post chop-op!
Vent_in_gauge.jpg

I should add that it's been fitted for 18+ months and is still 100% accurate.

Another thing :- I got used to 'Bar' when I had my Astra GTE one, but I think I fancy Psi this time. Errrrrm......just thinking aloud there.

heres mine, podi gauge in moulded steering column mount
matches s4 cluster pretty well but you can change illumination to any combination of red and white
i like it but not worth the price
just my opinion but i dont like vent mounts, just think they look rubbish

27082009711.jpg

Yeah, each to there own and all that ;)

What puts you off a neatly installed vent one (out of interest)?

I don't think I'd like a pod gauge obscuring any existing dash info.

the fact it looks like it shouldnt be there makes it look daft,
but yes each to there own

the fact it looks like it shouldnt be there makes it look daft,
but yes each to there own

But the Podi also looks like it's not supposed to be there!

The only totally OEM looking 'gauge' i've seen is the digital one which displays in your DIS. I think it's an EFI gauge maybe? You can also get a very stealth little digital gauge which hides underneath the 'dash brow' (above your dials).

As a more stealth option with the vent gauge, you could always put it in the vent next to the drivers window, but then you lose the ability to clear condensation from the drivers window quickly.

This was my old setup which I just the vent hole myself, the gauge can be bought from Halfords for around £20 (I bought mine off ebay) but you can change the colour to match the clocks and I never had a issue with it.

DSC02015.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02022.jpg

f50419fe.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

nice vid wasnt from your car was it? as the dials are black oh by the way who sang that tune?

Hmmmmm,.....and which vent to fit it to (of the centre three).

They look excellent Mark, but I wouldn't fancy taking my eyes off the road that much when at full boost!

Where did you take the oil pressure feed from?

It's all good this car is so slow, i could read a book while it accelerates no problems,lol

I used a "t" piece into the OE take off point 10x1 thread into the housing with a 3/8x24 for the Sender and a 10 x 1 for the OE oil pressure Switch

Karl - Your gauge is reading nearly 1 bar but you're parked?.. love to see what you get when you're moving? lol

lol thats were it sits when i turn the engine off, it works fine when im mobile.

just testing see if ys noticed lol