1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost gauge installed

solaris Mar 3, 2011

1. solaris

solaris Member

Had some time to kill so though I’d have a go at installing my boost gauge. I've never tried the electronic gauges and was doubtful as I’ve heard they respond slower. After installation I found it responds really well in fact faster than the mechanical ones, also happy that the illumination matches the rest of the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Short vid..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  2. auroan

auroan Active Member

Is that a vent mount kit ? where did you get it from ?

3. solaris

solaris Member

Yeah vent mount kit, Speak to Mike at awesomegti

4. Marrow

Marrow Member

Intresting been thinking about one of these myself ! How hard is it to install how dont think I could do it myself but might get local techy to do it for me ?

5. solaris

solaris Member

The wiring and fitting of the gauge is straight forward, the instructions are clear enough however give me a shout and i can guide you if u get stuck. The difficulty arises when routing the vacuum pipe into the car as you have to remove the wiper arm and open the ecu case to do it. its a bit fiddly, but again i can guide you through this.

[​IMG]

6. Fahim

Fahim Member

Can that be fitted to a diesel? Just to keep an eye on boost leaks...looks VERY nice. i like it :)