Boost gauge in air vent

tdi-man

Reaction score
Any body know what size boost gauge fits in the air vent ?

52mm with a shim or 60mm flush with osir vent mount

52MM with a shin ? does that fit in the air mount

The Osir vent mount kit comes with a shim to fit 52mm gauges instead of 60mm. Have a look on the TT shop website.

Reactions: tdi-man
I seen one on here a while back with a proper vent mount looked ace, I want one! Lol

Nice one mate, might have to treat myself to one if those!

Anybody recommend a reasonably priced smoked boost gauge with needle sweep on start up?
Gunna order one of these vent pods!

I'd be after a gauge that's as close to the stock cluster as possible. I had a SW (I think) in my S3. It had a white back with black numbering then I added a red led so it matched the cluster.

I have a pro gauge that illuminates and is in a pod to go with the 8P S3 vents..........I was so desperate to fit it but now I have zero time to do it and cannot be bothered to strip my car to do it also so its open to good offers.

Reactions: Mindak
any body know how to take the vent apart to fit this ?

Reactions: TorqueTerrorist and tcardio
I used a spare vent so wouldn't damage my proper one then just started prising it apart and removing the slats! Iv got a spare for sale if interested? lol

I used the osir ring. You have to do a lot of Dremel work to your a3 chrome ring to get it to work. Not a big deal just letting you know. I used the shim so I can use my 52mm new south gauge.

Image Image Image

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 831
I used a spare vent so wouldn't damage my proper one then just started prising it apart and removing the slats! Iv got a spare for sale if interested? lol
How much u want for the spare vent ???

Getting the vent apart is the finicky part. Just have to be patient. For the Dremel you need to cut slots that the support bars of the osir pod can slide into. Otherwise you can't mate the a3 ring to the tt osir ring. If you switch to tt vent rings you don't need to Dremel.

Getting the vent apart is the finicky part. Just have to be patient. For the Dremel you need to cut slots that the support bars of the osir pod can slide into. Otherwise you can't mate the a3 ring to the tt osir ring. If you switch to tt vent rings you don't need to Dremel.
I don't own a Dremel so I will have to use files,well when I say me I mean my old man :)

Files would take a lot of work. I would look for a cheap set of a Dremel like tool at a tool store. I know they sell cheap kits over here in USA.

I have the osir adaptor didn't need a dremel but will have to glue the silver part of the vent to the adaptor .
had to make some slits in the silver part of the adaptor to make a nice fit .
gauge should be here tomo so will get fitted as soon as.

Files would take a lot of work. I would look for a cheap set of a Dremel like tool at a tool store. I know they sell cheap kits over here in USA.
Yeah they sell fake dremels here but the reviews are shocking for the extra £20 might as well get the real thing I think,I ordered the osir today hopefully won't take to long to get here and I'll have a look see what's what

I have the osir adaptor didn't need a dremel but will have to glue the silver part of the vent to the adaptor .
had to make some slits in the silver part of the adaptor to make a nice fit .
gauge should be here tomo so will get fitted as soon as.
Yeah I ordered my gauge today the 52mm newsouth Audi one,just hope it ain't to much of a bitch to wire in

If you need any help give me a shout bud, that vent is still here, £12 recorded post its yours!

Here's my gauge fitted with a tt vent!

Reactions: TorqueTerrorist and S3Alex
I have an allard egr delete which has a outlet for boost pipe so went to that

Front boost pipe with boost tap! Without an egr delete you need to modify your existing pipe, I did but have recently had my egr deleted do this is spare!