BOOST GAUGE FROM AWESOME.

S

shanejess

i purchased a boost gauge from awesome thursday, the air vent pod type, 153 pounds, i had it fitted saturday, the company that fitted it for me soon told me it was the wrong pod, it was difficult to fit as it was a german/american pod ie left hand drive air vent to the left of the driver i thought something was wrong when the lid of the box containing the pod was damaged and s3 was hand written in felt tip on the box, they cut away and made good. i gave my reg to awesome so i thought i was getting a red back lit boost gauge, anyway pod doesnt fit properly and my boost gauge is blue back lit, doesnt look good with my red back lit full dash board. anyway could have been worse awesome could have fit it. they quoted 3xhrs @ 66 pounds an hour, AUTOGRAPH at burnley fitted it for me 1 hour labour less than 50 pounds inc.

It the newsouth one shane? Their popular with the mk4 golf boys due to the blue backlight display.

Sorry to hear mate, I've only had problems with awesome in some departments and I am not happy how they mis-informed information too forum users on another forum just to try and sell a product when others where giving a cheaper and better solution.

However the only good thing I have seen them get right is the ECS clutch kit...

TBH mate i would be for the amount you've paid, you could of bought a stack one and put your own red filter on the back and bought a vent surround for less than half the price you've paid.

Take it back and request a full refund and compensation for you having to butcher the **** they gave you in the first place.

Just goes to show that someone who is supposed to be a reputable dealer someone who you trust because they seem really interested in any query you ask them about installation or just general information..... They don't give a f@@k.... They just want your hard earned cash!!!!!!!

shame you messed with it as id have sent it back and gone for a different option, such as my stack gauge. never had a problem with awsome myself