1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost gauge fitting help

millsy75 Mar 29, 2013

1. millsy75

millsy75 Active Member

Hello, is there any chance somebody could post a picture of where they've fitted the T piece under the bonnet?

I'm trying to fit the stack boost gauge to my S3 8L, after feeding the vacuum pipe into the engine bay I need to see where people have put the T piece into which pipe? All the pipework seems too big for the T piece.

A photo of somebody's engine bay with a boost gauge fitted would be a great help.

Thank you.

2. phil miller

phil miller Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

tee in to your dump valve vac, dont tee in to the fpr as if you get a leak it will mess your fueling up dude :)

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

N249 feed is a decent enough place to start... the pipe coming off that is small... don't tap into the FPR pipe though... its better that the FPR has its own feed

<tuffty/>

4. millsy75

millsy75 Active Member

Thanks, could you direct me to a picture at all? I'm still a bit unsure. Sorry to be a pain.

5. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

The small pipe that's attached to the top of the DV.

6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I wouldn't fit it there unless you have done an N249 bypass... fit it to the pipe leading up to the t-piece of the N249 if you haven't done the bypass

<tuffty/>