1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost drop-off

Ryanc Jan 30, 2005

1. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

Ocassionally i get a drop off in boost ,normally when i'm a on a dual carriageway i'll be boosting fine then say in 5th or 4th booting it ,feels like there's no boost(or a drop off).I have to add this doesn't happen all the time.I thought it was a quirk of the load based boost system as i've heard of similar stuff on other vag 1.8t's.Now i'm beginning to wonder whether it's the maf or the dv.Anyone had similar?

2. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

sounds like it could be the 5K rpm TIP hose collapse.

i had this, and had amd fit a sleeve. i then replaced the hose later on for reinforced samco items,

see this video..

http://www.wak-tt.com/videos/amd2.wmv

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Thanks for the video clip Paul, been trying to look for that for ages. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif As I had my car remapped at AmD, I take it that the sleeve is in place?

4. PaulRS3

ok that ones off the list.

what DV are you running?

if its a piston type could it be sticking open and leaking away boost internally?

or split diaphragm?

5. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

it's the original crappy bosch item.

6. PaulRS3

it could be leaking away your boost internally.

if it had been a piston valve, then it could have been the same or sticking.

not alot you can do with maf other than log it, or i have heard of people disconnecting if for a short period to see if there is an improvement.

but this i imagine would probably give a fault code, that may need clearing after.

7. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

yes,think i'll drop in another standard dv and see if that makes a difference.

8. pazaz

pazaz Member

Good vid Paul..

Didnt think it would collapse that much, thats bonkers!!

How much is that pipe in a Samco?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

9. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

about £90