Boost / accelerator problem?

dk1234

Reaction score
Hi, today while driving my car to work i noticed that when pressing the accelerator pedal that the slight boost I normally feel is missing and that I can put the pedal all the way to the floor without it feeling like it's there (boost) and the Rpms go up slowly.

I have an auto or s-tronic A3 2.0 TFSI 2008. Does anybody have any ideas with what might be causing the problem. I've had the car for a year and it's the first time I've experienced this feeling with putting the pedal down and nothing happening or even putting the pedal all the way to the floor and proper feeling it on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I noticed that its a struggle to go past 2000 Rpms, when putting my foot right down.. Any ideas? Could it be the turbo is gone? If it is what sort of fixes would I be looking at?

Hi, Im pointing out the obvious here but it could be many different things. Fuelling, turbo, air intake, MAF problems, stuck manifold flaps etc etc. Any warning lights on? Limp home? Any weird sounds? What makes you think the turbo has 'gone'? The lack of power or something specific?

Your best bet is to go to a garage (preferably someone with vcds) and get them to do a scan. Itll either pinpoint the exact problem or at least narrow it down. Its normally about £10, I've always got away with paying though. It just saves wasting time imo.

Fingers crossed its nothing to major! Good luck!

Will

I did a vcds scan, there was only one unrelated error that was something to do with one of the side lights.

If vcds isn't picking it up, does this narrow it down to something ?

Hi, Im pointing out the obvious here but it could be many different things. Fuelling, turbo, air intake, MAF problems, stuck manifold flaps etc etc. Any warning lights on? Limp home? Any weird sounds? What makes you think the turbo has 'gone'? The lack of power or something specific?

Your best bet is to go to a garage (preferably someone with vcds) and get them to do a scan. Itll either pinpoint the exact problem or at least narrow it down. Its normally about £10, I've always got away with paying though. It just saves wasting time imo.

Fingers crossed its nothing to major! Good luck!

Will

I guess it's the lack of power, before it felt like it I pressed on the pedal slightly hard I could zoom off, now I press the pedal and feel like I'm in a 1.0 litre. I have no idea if it's the turbo or not. I did a scan and only one error came up about a side light, so it looks like what ever is causing the problem / change isn't logged into the car computer system yet.

No warning lights are on my dash. The car seems to be driving around okay (no limp mode, I've never experienced that before)....only the car drives like a 1.0 litre rather than a 2.0 petrol TFSI that I've been driving since I had it lol. No weird sounds either.

How would I check these things mentioned below and how likely considering no errors on VCDS or warning lights on dash?

Fuelling, turbo, air intake, MAF problems, stuck manifold flaps