1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booo Subaru

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wuta3, Dec 10, 2013.

1. wuta3

wuta3 Active Member

Ok, when the 2015 WRX concept came out I loved it. I thought it looked amazing. Then the production car was shown and the whole of the Internet sighed I think. Looking at the 2 cars there didn't seem to be much in it, but the differences were love/hate.

Out of interest I made an image showing similar views of the 2 cars side-by-side and played spot the difference. The production car lost all its sleekness, sculputred shapes and general appear. The roofline got wrecked, the front dimensions look like somebody heated it in the oven and it melted a bit (compared to the concept).

On the whole, pretty disappointed. I know concept cars are concepts and all, but I found it interesting how similar they look and how similar they aren't.

wrx.jpg
  2. ijgreer

ijgreer Member

Not as good as the concept version. The last few press releases have done little to excite me
  3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

At least they have gone back to a saloon shape,maybe its a grower ?
  4. ijgreer

ijgreer Member

Still missing the oversized spoiler, one of the best features I loved on my 06 sti
  5. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

They should have kept it in that blue colour when releasing the production version IMO....
  6. ijgreer

ijgreer Member

The side and rear look good, the front is plain ugly and looks the same as the 03 bug eye version
  7. wuta3

wuta3 Active Member

The concept was great, but however much I look at this messy production version, just don't like it. It's like a crap Chinese knock-off of the concept.