Bonus features for RNS-E?

Steve_B

Reaction score
Reading another thread it is mentioned there are hacks\mods to get "bonus" features on the RNS-E

Altimeter, extra audio settings, track title scrolling on the DIS

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to get these - inparticular the extra audio settings and title scrolling.

I have a factory fitted RNS-E with 650, a full colour dis and Bose if that helps?

Cheers in advance
-Steve

I've seen some hacks on the GPSunderground forums that gives you software 660 which is supposed to gie you a bit more control with the equaliser and few other bits like the altimeter, but I think that jsut uses your posiiton and info off the map, it's not an actual altimeter...

Cheers guys!

Didn't find much on GPSUndgerground only 3 pages in VAG section, must get de-cluttered regularly, but will have a go posting on audiforums.us.

ta,

soz - Steve - must have scrubbed them out - I just took a note of the forum name, but haven't had a chance to go back and get details...

I have never seen any of the items you have mentioned on any of the forums, certainly not scrolling DIS or equaliser.

Software 660 was a hack of 650 to enable the SDS function and that is all.

AFAIK you can turn on the Altimeter in the setup page.

Cheers, I was quite surprised they had not been mentioned before, and at length if they could. Should not read what people post on those P2P tracking sites for what is available in SDS "660"

Scrolling in the DIS would be good, but I suppose rather distracting while driving...

ta,