1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bonnet sound proofing??

tangerinedream Jun 29, 2011

1. tangerinedream

tangerinedream Member

hi all i was thinking of trying to sound proof my engine bay a bit but want it to look o.e rather than dynamat etc. i used to have a tdi a4 and sure it had soundproofing but was wondering if put on 1.8t would cause any problems ?????

also if any one cold get part no. would appreciate it ;D

2. mal79

mal79 Member

I have bonnet sound proofing on my n/a 1.8, would have assumed that it would be standard across the range? Does it look like it was removed or just never there in the first place?

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

yeh theres a carpet thing that should be on the underside of the bonnet as standard.

4. tangerinedream

tangerinedream Member

doesnt look like its ever had one :( , i know its the o.e bonnet because still has all the audi spec stickers on it which wont peel off?

could anyone get a part no for me ? or have one for sale

5. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 Team Akoya TDi saloon

I'll take a look for part numbers when I get home, Unless someone gets in before.
    Also, PM TonyA4, he is breaking a A4, so much have the bit you need.

Also, you could put dynomat under the carpet and then put the carpet on top.

6. tangerinedream

tangerinedream Member

yh sounds like a good idea scott :) having nothing is making me a bit concerned having all the heat from the turbo on my fresh 2500 paint job :(

7. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 Team Akoya TDi saloon

Would heat being trapped inside the engine bay not be a problem as well?

8. tangerinedream

tangerinedream Member

i can see ya point but other people saying they have these so might aswell give it a go lol.
    any one know of anyone breaking there car who may have one to sell????

9. ScottD3

8D0863825S Petrol Engine
    8D0863825R 4-Cylinder TDI
    8D0863825k AFF, AHH, AFN, AJM, AFB.

There is a couple breaking on eBay.