Bonnet bras!! any body using 1 / where from??

scott_johnson

Reaction score
Hey all. May be tempted by a bonnet bra as im sick of stone chips. Do they make an S-line 1 like the 'R' version for the golfs??

Does any one have any pics with a facelift s3 with one on?? pref black??

Not black, not a proper facelift and not a S3 but it as close as so you get the idea?:lmfao:

Minenmums.jpg

oh my life.....dont do it!!! plus if anything gets behiind it your screwed so defeating the object

the cosmetic bit aside I've heard about people putting them on with grit in them and scratching the bonnet also condensation speeding up oxidation.
Get a quote for the clear stuff put on

I'm on a roll....imagine when you take the bra off after winter what shade is the bonnet going to be underneath?

you're just trying to be clever now

you dont keep the bra on for anymore than 7 days, then you clean the bonnet and behind the bra, then re-fit it. It doesnt stay on all fricken winter!!!!!!!!!

granted and point made.....still a material on top of the paint, not stuck to it which means 1 piece of grit will ruin the whole thing....

Uncle Grathies says that the only Bra's he knows about are used by tits, lets keep it that way :) :p

you dont keep the bra on for anymore than 7 days, then you clean the bonnet and behind the bra, then re-fit it. It doesnt stay on all fricken winter!!!!!!!!!

Not nessecarily, I know lots of people that may not wash their car for weeks on end in the winter specially when its raining for 10 days at a time!

Plus Ive seen some nasty marks on some of the 'Scene' boys Mk4 Golfs, not what I call protection! Their the car equivilent of a SadoMassachists Gimp Mask (And I have one of them!)

If i did get 1 it would only be to go on long journeys to save stonechips!! and i wash my car every weekend without fail so it would have to come off anyway!! It was only an idea pondering about in my little money wasting brain. lol. My springs landed yesterday so ill get them up and running first!! :)

Ive driven across Europe multiple times and Ive only suffered one countable stonechip!

Its a Scene item, along with driving to shows with blue tape on any part of a car that could get any slight mark

Spend the money on something else Scott, even spending it on 2grams of coke and looking at your car going "yeah THATS the CAR, ITS AMAZING!" Would be a better way to spend the money (IMO)

I get it for top show cars. Bugs and the like. Not sure about daily drivers. Nothing stopping stones hitting the bumpers or front wings unless full bra.

i use one only in the dry on long motorway trips ,don't know if it would stop a stone at 70 mph but when its fitted it does cover 90% of the stone chips already on the car so they do cover the right areas

pic for you to have a laugh

P5100292.jpg

still find it very odd that no one like them but several companies make a living selling them someome must be buying them

still find it very odd that no one like them but several companies make a living selling them someome must be buying them

I dont find it odd at all,they look ridiculous.
I totally agree with Grathies on this one,they are called bra for a reason,for tits.

Ryan, your replies are legendary!! lol. Bras of the female veriety deffinately look better on a women than a car!! Ok my minds made up... Ill keep the bra on my bird (or off as the case maybe) ;)

take it one step further..... i would say that a bird that doesnt need a bra would be more of a status symbol:yum:

Smuggling tictacs!!! lol. should be compulsary for women to wear white tops and no bras. so wen it rains.....

Sad thing is that S3 would look great without that Fugly Gimp mask stuck to its face.:scared2:

Saw a brand new golf with one of these on today. Looked stupid imo. Just put up with the stone chips and spend £100 to have your bumper resprayed every few years or so if they bother you that much :]