1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bonnet adjustment

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Wrath, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

[Apr 10, 2010]
    Any ideas if there are adjustment screws for the bonnet or front wings? Just realised that my bonnet isn't flush with the right wing but can't find any adjustment screws for it.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. jwhat

jwhat Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 25, 2010]
    Mine is the same, did you get this sorted?
  4. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

[Apr 26, 2010]
    In short, no. I've looked at the bonnet and believe that there must be some adjustment but I think the repair shop might have very slightly distorted the driver-side wing after they've put it back on. The wing is raised by a few mm's but the bonnet is flush at the front and the other wing is fine.

Don't suppose anyone with ETKA can see if the bonnet diagram shows the bolts/screws?
  5. stevehall

stevehall Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 26, 2010]
    If you have had the front bumper off it all depends on if they have adjusted the height of this - I took mine off to de-egg my headlights and did not get it back on correct so now the bonnet is lower than the wings.

The bumper clips into some adjustable brackets, so if they have adjusted these, or not got it correctly aligned

I need to take it all off again at some point and get it back on correctly - just finding the time
  6. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

[Apr 26, 2010]
    They must have took the bonnet off as it was dented at the front. I assume you reckon the adjustment involves the bolts at the hinging end?

Anyone with an ETKA diagram?
  7. c4a5er

c4a5er Member

[Apr 26, 2010]
    Bonnet to wing levels can be finely adjusted by turning the hexagon shaped rubber supports on the underside of the bonnet. For and aft adjustment is usually via slotted holes in the hinge fixings....
  8. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

[Apr 26, 2010]
    What a guy :icon_thumright: