1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bonding agent/adhesive

AR-rkon Jan 12, 2012

1. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Looking at fitting a fibreglass replica RS4 bumper. whats the best route forward to adhere the bumper to the steel bar as per this photo? any good bonding agents or glues?

[​IMG]

2. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya TDi saloon Audi S8

Bitumen or that stuff they use to bond the windscreens in.

3. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

I would fibreglass it on if I were you.
    then you can reinforce areas as well

4. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Sikaflex 255 FC

5. Bradderz_1988

6. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Had the offer of an rs4 fibreglass replica for cheap. But think he's sold it now :( so this may be a dead end. To be honest. I wanted an s4 bumper ideally, to fit a FMIC yet stay subtle, but they seem to be rare as rocking horse poo to come up for sale or rediculously expensive... £300+ 2nd hand!!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  7. Bradderz_1988

Exactly the same boat mate lol

8. SamA3

SamA3 Member

Sikaflex AT Connect is ridiculously strong not really for cars though. I heard tigerseal is good quite a few people on here have used it to stick on spoilers

9. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

tigerseal is very sticky and strong but it is not what I would call an adhesive, it is more a sealant compound.
    its very thick and dense and unless very warm is difficult to get into a thin layer.

10. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

Tiger Seal is good stuff, seals aswell as sticks!!!

Depends on the bumper also, the Dietrich one i had already had 2 mounts fitted to mount the Audi bar onto.

11. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Sikaflex 252. This is what held my rear bumper Votex attachment on and my sideskirts for about, ohhhhhhh, oh dunno 2 years? Bloody excellent stuff. It was also used to pack out my rear diff mount and gearbox mounts for an extra rigid ride. Cant reccomend highly enough, but does take a while to set.

12. LeeT

LeeT Member

I believe Grizz will have an S4 bumper shortly that has been modded for FMIC

13. AR-rkon

Cool. If its up for sale and cheap enough I'll have it :)