Bonded contaminants help!

batch

Reaction score
Morning all,
Thinking this might be one for @Bristle Hound , @Scottyg or @Rob2k68 ?!
I'm getting terrible trouble from bonded contaminants - whenever I wash the car, I have small orangey spots all over the bodywork which I need to scrape off with my nail to get off. I assume some kind of sap, although I'm not far from an airport which may have something to do with it. Last night, for the first time, I also had some ferrous contamination on the bonnet and boot which I was forced to use some React on.
Now I do know what I'm doing when it comes to cleaning/decontamination, however the problem I have is that the car has a Carbon Collective Platinum ceramic coating applied, so I can't be claying/decontaminating every time. I apply spray wax, either Meg's or AD Project 32, after each wash but I'm still getting bad contamination. I guess this will be put into practice next spring when I reapply the ceramic coating, unless anyone has any ideas for extra measures in the mean time!
Thanks in advance people!

Hmmm I really don't know mate - any of your neighbours having Bar-B-Q's ?

With the coatings that you have I'm surprised anything can stick to it such that you need an extra step at the wash process to remove it. I alternate Gyeon wet coat every other wash which tops up the coatings hydrophobic properties and keeps the paintwork nice and slippy - might be worth a try.

Hmmm, I'm even tempted to give it a gentle polish, then wax over the coating!

@batch - When I had CarPro CQUK (which is a ceramic coating) applied to our old R56 MINI JCW, the prescribed 'refresh' was to use CarPro IronX, which as you knowis a pretty harsh product

CarPro said the IronX wouldn't effect the CQUK coating at all

The reason I mention this, altho' I have no experience in the use of Carbon Collective products, I'm wondering whether decontamination products eg IronX & Tardis, but NOT claying would help your problem

Maybe you could also email Carbon Collective for their advice and maybe pose the same question(s) on Detailing World

@batch - When I had CarPro CQUK (which is a ceramic coating) applied to our old R56 MINI JCW, the prescribed 'refresh' was to use CarPro IronX, which as you knowis a pretty harsh product

CarPro said the IronX wouldn't effect the CQUK coating at all

The reason I mention this, altho' I have no experience in the use of Carbon Collective products, I'm wondering whether decontamination products eg IronX & Tardis, but NOT claying would help your problem

Maybe you could also email Carbon Collective for their advice and maybe pose the same question(s) on Detailing World
Thanks Bris! I'll ask CC and my supplier, Kowalski.

In theory the ceramic coating should be solvent proof once cured. As long as it not the PTFE type like Autoglym EPG or Wolfs Body Wrap type that are not as resiliant. You should be okay using any non abrasive solution. If it is sap or pollen, I would try a mix of 50% water and Isotope. White spirit or if you have any AS Tardis. These will brake down the oily content and should allow it to be removed. One nasty fallout I came across that was a real git to remove was in Didcot in Oxford and it was an orange greasy dust that actually stained some of the black trim on a few cars. The paint was cleaned using Tardis and it worked a treat.

Reactions: batch
Sounds more like insect poo to me.
A good coat of correctly applied Zymol Glasur will help it just wash off.
Or as a ceramic coating Nanolex is probably one of the best with a life of up to three years.

Sounds more like insect poo to me.
A good coat of correctly applied Zymol Glasur will help it just wash off.
Or as a ceramic coating Nanolex is probably one of the best with a life of up to three years.
It's got a coating already Steve, that's the frustrating thing - I don't want to wear that away using abrasives etc!