Bolt on mods!

RYes3

Reaction score
Hey,

What would be worthwhile but easy mods that I could make to my car? (2012 S3)

I would need them to be easily removable for when service time comes (warranty concerns I guess)!

Only interested in things that would be beneficial to performance so no furry dice :)

Insurance is also a concern..... I can just imagine a £100 increase each time I declare a mod and if so I just wouldn't bother!

Milltek non res turbo back exhaust - really doesnt take long to take off, and in reality, Audi wont care its on if your worried.

induction kit - Twintake, ITG, EVOMS, P-FLO etc.

All pretty easy stuff to take off.

Start with induction....that standard airbox restricts air big time.

A remap is the obvious recommendation, using a handheld device like a Bluefin unit so that you can take it off as and when needed.

Insurance is also a concern..... I can just imagine a £100 increase each time I declare a mod and if so I just wouldn't bother!

Prices increases will depend on the modification and how wisely you chose your insurance company.

Prices increases will depend on the modification and how wisely you chose your insurance company.

Indeed. Greenlight Insurance have never increased my premium, even when I added the following mods:

Revo Stage 2
Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust
ITG Maxogen cold air intake
H&R Springs & Dampers
BBS VZ Alloys

Stg2+ is probably the best overall value if you can stretch to that as it is about the limit of the stock turbo.

Add into that some decent suspension like kW or Bilstein plus ARB upgrades and you have a car that handles well too.

If you go to that,I'd advise a brake kit to make the most of the performance.