Bola B10 or Pro Race 1.2????

S3dave1990

Reaction score
In another of a dilemma here lads any help opinions would be greatly appreciated

Basically I've gone for a TTRS brake set up as won't be tracking it too often so they should do with decent pads fluid etc, I now need wheels to clear them, I like the look of the bola b10s but I know the pro races will fit

Possible specs of wheels will be 18" 8j et 40 or 45 for both wheels
Just after opinions on both sets really, I've seen a few people got for et45 but still need spacers so will et40 clear without spacers, I'm also being boring and going for silver too

Any help would be appreciated guys
Cheers
Dave w

I may be able to help here mate as I have done the exact same thing as you except im a step ahead. I have already chosen the TD 1.2s in Anthracite. Fitted them today in fact! However it will be another couple of weeks before I am able to get the brakes themselves fitted. I can drop you in a pic of the TDs fitted if you want?

Yeah that'd be lovely trev, you what offset and tyre size you gone for? What brake lines you thinking of using modding the s3 ones or will TTRS braided lines fit?

I'm swaying more towards the 1.2s as I know they'll clear the brakes but I think the b10s no one has really done them

Cheers
Dave w

I really don't like the B10s on an audi, they just don't look "right" to me

Well the TDs have an offset of ET45 and I have been advised that they still need a 5mm spacer, so I have installed them with this. I do not know for sure yet if the spacer is required until I go to fit the brakes but to be honest it makes the car look pretty mean now stance wise! I would say its at its limit now though in that regard.

Im using 225 45 r18 Pilot sport 3s. Now when myself an mechanic first took it out for test drive we immediately got rubbing. I should also say im lowered on kwv3 suspension. To fix the rubbing we had to remove the front arch liner screw on both sides and trim the screw and liner a bit on the back. Some folks advise to remove the rear screw entirely or even to use 215 tyres but those were not acceptable options for me. Thankfully they were not necessary.

And just putting on the standard TTRS kit mate. I have also purchased the dust guards and the air ducts though.

Will get pics uploaded within the hour for you.

Oh ive went for HEL lines all round. TTRS ones for the front. No modding unless no other option with me mate.

And just for your info im replacing the rear discs for zerosixty ones as well, and il be using Motul RB600 fluid.

Pics as promised. I have included the ones that I think you may be interested in.

20150627_163753_zpssv6j2lxp.jpg

20150627_161908_zpsc5tk3l1c.jpg

20150627_161924_zps5jjx38wr.jpg

20150627_161913_zpswfbs7vfe.jpg

20150627_161904_zpsrxmmtltm.jpg

20150623_193028_zpsetegygkj.jpg

20150627_161858_zpshnbjypdi.jpg

20150627_161844_zpsybykvkyg.jpg

20150622_173028_zpshtl9mikx.jpg

20150623_193106_zpswp3i7bsq.jpg

20150627_161831_zps8xxy6lcu.jpg

20150627_151246_zpsurh85woi.jpg

20150627_115741_zps8xjabers.jpg

20150627_105858_zpsnjghinjz.jpg

20150627_151003_zpso8l02vzr.jpg

Reactions: S3_Sanni, Jonathaan, S. and 2 others
Cheers Smurf! To be honest I though "oh sh1t" when I heard the rubbing, as I had already fell in love with the way it sits. Was really happy we were able to cure it.

And here we go in white....

Reactions: S3_Sanni, s3_trev and Sayam
Well trev I'm pretty annoyed with you to be fair! After deciding on silver you've now changed my mind haaa I've got a pre-facelift in red also with the ally mirrors.
First your car looks awesome the stance is perfect well done sir,
Second do you have the 5mm spacer on the back also? And would it be worth just goin for et40 to get rid of the spacer.
Thanks for the help matey it's greatly appreciated keep up the good work on your build

Alex I sat for around an hour and a half last night going through your build thread very well done, I will eventually start my own but don't think it'll be as good as yours or trevs lol

Thanks again guys
Cheers
Dave w

Haha you're welcome bud, and thanks for the nice comments about my car!

Yeah took me ages to decide on the colour. I really really do not like black wheels. Especially gloss black wheels. I just think with a black tyre, a black wheel looks like a big black hole! So I was nervous having a colour so close to black. But really happy I took the risk.

Yeah put the spacers on the back as well! Dont think it would have looked right having a wider track on the front than on the rear. Needs to be balanced an all that. Kinda like the front and rear arch gap IMO.

I didnt realise that you could actually choose which ET the wheels come in?? If you can choose then I cant really answer than question for you mate as its a personal one.

Oh and my car is nothing compared to Alex's! There approx 200bhp difference haha!

Oh just found a relevant quote for you mate,

"In the end I went for the lightweight 18x8 ET45 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's. Great wheel being strong and light, sounds like a bell when you clang them! Just like OE. Designed to accommodate big brakes to start with they were an easy fitment, actually cleared with no spacer but opted for a 5mm hubcentric to be safe. A 3mm would have done it easily but I had the 5's to hand."

Got it from here,

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ttrs-brakes-on-an-s3-fitment-guide-inc-std-s3-wheels.196782/

That thread is actually very useful if you are serious about the TTRS brakes.

So there you go, with ET45 he said it WILL clear, but prob best with a 3mm spacer or 5mm like me.

Thanks to all of you,and Trev,your car looks fantastic.

It's become a running joke with AMD that my car always leaves them cleaner than it arrived,and this time will be no different.

Reactions: s3_trev
I like the B10's , was going to put them on my mini after waiting for a set of 52's to appear with no luck . Saw a picture of an Audi with a set and it looked spot on . Td's are nice , but every one has them !

Cheers again trev! Very helpful that last post, I've found some oz sparco Tarmac alloys I quite like also 8x18" et48 so will need a spacer of some sort, managed to get a full ttrs setup including disc for £400 so they should be on soon provided I can make my blooming mind up about the wheels!

Cheers lads
Dave w

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: s3_trev