1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boggym's bundle of bits - Stage 2+ anyone?

Discussion in 'For Sale/Wanted - Miscellaneous' started by boggym, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boggym

boggym Member

Well its time to sell all my bits and pieces I've collected over they years as they are cluttering up the garage and I need the space. Basically, its a bundle of bits to get an 8P S3 to stage 2+ (software not included) and improve the handling/looks. Everything is secondhand so don't expect new but I think it's priced accordingly. Bits are as follows:

Milltek TBE with special style tips. Back box is in very good condition as it was replaced under warranty but the downpipe needs some attention. Welding to the bottom mounting bracket and around the flange which bolts to the turbo is needed. I didn't even know it had problems until I took it off. Easy fix/welding for a fabrication shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Evoms intake, complete.

[​IMG]

Autotech HFFP internals.

[​IMG]

Forge DV ready to go and along with new tubes should it need to be modified.

[​IMG]

H&R anti roll bars.

[​IMG]

H&R springs (some rust).

[​IMG]

Selling as a complete package so please don't ask if I'll split. Collection only (I'm on the South Coast).

Please PM me. £750 no offers.
  2. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Well-Known Member

Shame, I'd have had that Evoms intake off you no problem. Don't want the springs, ARBs or a TBE though (even though I am planning on a Milltek TBE eventually).
  3. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

Again shame your not willing to split as there are a few bits I would have been interested in
  4. MartayMcFly

Maybe we can join forces and split the lot up ourselves? What bits would be left if I took the Evoms intake, and you took whatever you're after?
  5. jungleman

Haha well most of that stuff I've got lol, would be interested in the hpfp, dv and maybe the arbs
  6. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

I could also be interested in ARB's!!
  7. jungleman

lol well if you want them as well Rye guess i can let you have them, so all we now need is the TBE gone lol
  8. MartayMcFly

And the springs are still un-bagsied too.

Did some quick nerding and, based on loose prices I got for new parts then working %s, came up with the following prices:

TBE - £345.00
    CAI - £120.00
    HFFP - £93.75
    DV - £22.50
    ARBs - £105.00
    Springs - £63.75

Works out to the £750 total asked for... and makes me tempted to go for the TBE myself, just wanted to get coils first before performance stuff. Tempting prices though, even with welding being needed on the brackets.
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  9. jungleman

oh yea forgot the springs lol
    id happily pay those prices, but its down to the seller at the end of the day
  10. MartayMcFly

Re-calculated figures. I had the TBE way under-priced so it was too small a % of the total, but I also had the HFFP bits mis-calculated, should have been £112.50, not £55.50.

Those numbers are just a guide though, based on very quick search for online prices of the items new.
  11. jungleman

those numbers are prob about right, was gonna say the ARBs were a tad much lol
  12. boggym

boggym Member

Looks like there's a bit of interest on the bits then.

The reason I don't want to split is that I can't be arsed with selling leftover bits and bobs. If a few of you want to get together and buy the lot as a bundle that's fine by me. However, I won't entertain selling the bits at separate times. The deal would be one payment and the bits can be picked up. Sorry to come across awkward but I just need the space and want everything gone.

Cheers all.
  13. poli84

poli84 Member

If you would post the lot to Australia (at my expense of course), i'll take the whole kit off you.
  14. MartayMcFly

Most of it won't fit an SB.
  15. poli84

poli84 Member

That's not correct at all.
    Besides the cat-back being too short, everything else will fit perfectly.
    The cat-back (if I was even to put it on) just needs an extension piece welded in to make it longer.
  16. MartayMcFly

I stand corrected. Obviously the exhaust is too short, but I thought the suspension would be wrong too with the different weight/distribution of the SB.
  17. poli84

poli84 Member

Nope. According to the H&R application guide, all springs, coilovers, sway bars are the same for all 8P quattros.

Do any of you guys know how I could get stuff posted to Australia? Any experience with international shipping?
    Happy to take the springs (and the ARBS if they are available) in this little group buy if it won't cost me a bucket to have them shipped and one of you fellas doesn't mind putting them in the post.
  18. MartayMcFly

They'll be heavy enough to cost a fair bit, but can't say I have much experience other than shipping the odd present over to the States. If you want the springs, find out how much it'll be to ship, and then we can get the whole thing sort. I'll need to get a courier to bring my bits up here too.

First search I did says £4.25 per kilo to air freight from London to Australia, but most places you have to apply for a quote. Would help if you could get the weight of the springs.
  19. poli84

poli84 Member

EDIT: Looked into shipping.
    It's going to cost close to 90 pound to have them shipped to Australia.
    The pitfall of living so far away.
  20. quattro81

quattro81 All the gear.. No idea

I'm interested in the springs...and the ARB's (if Rye doesn't want them as he asked first!).. They will fit my 2.0tfsi quattro tho, right?
  21. MartayMcFly

Ok, so now we just need to sort out payment and how to get the various bits distributed. Boggym's on the South coast, jungleman is in London and quattro is in Kent (right?) so you guys should be able to work something out easily enough. I can get the exhaust and intake couriered up here if they're boxed up, and less than 2.5m

Might be away for a few weeks on Friday/Saturday, so would rather get all this sorted asap.

All this assuming that the springs do, in fact, fit a 2.0tfsi quattro.

ps - what's an E2 :think:?
  22. jungleman

the springs should fit a 2.0t quattro no problem as far as i know as the weightings are the same as its the basic suspension set up, just so you know with the springs, they give a 25mm drop over S3 suspension, so your looking at around a 50-60mm drop over 'sport' suspension
  23. quattro81

Ok.. Yer I'm in Kent... Just for clarity, how much does that work out for the springs again!?
    And the E2 was the last evolution of the short wheelbase Audi group b rally monster.....! Although technically it should really be "S1 E2"
  24. MartayMcFly

Assuming jungleman still agrees with the prices I worked out, the springs would be £63.75
  25. quattro81

Cheers Mart, is Rye having the ARB's...? If not I'd be interested in them too!
  26. MartayMcFly

Oops, forgot about Rye. He's down in Essex/London too... guess you guys will just have to go by first come first served - jungleman offered to pass, so Rye has first refusal now. tbh, if I can get the exhaust and intake, then I'm not too bothered about where the rest ends up!
  27. boggym

boggym Member

Nice ones guys, just let me know when someone is coming to pick up and we'll get it sorted.

Cheer,

Chris
  28. jungleman

yea im happy with the prices,
    boggym, you able to post the parts if we cover postage obviously? as im now working 7 days a week for the next 3-4 weeks so wont be able to drive down i dont think, also where on the south coast are you based?
  29. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

depends how much you want for the anti roll bars!! let me know a price and ill give you an answer straight up!!! bearing in mind its going to cost a fair bit to collect... let me know!
  30. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

sorry didnt see the price list... id happily pay the £105 but ill need to look into collection... where about south coast are you???
  31. MartayMcFly

Yeah, boggym, can you maybe PM me your address so I can arrange a courier to pick up the exhaust etc? Guess we also need to sort payment somehow too. I hope you can have the exhaust boxed, or at least all bubble-wrapped?
  32. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

Got a friend in sussex next week? That any good?
  33. jungleman

if thats good can he pick my bits up as well rye?
  34. boggym

boggym Member

As mentioned in the OP I want to sell this lot as a bundle and not have to mess around with postage or splitting. Unfortunately time is not on my side at the moment and I can't waste it waiting around for individual pickups or postage. I would like to think it's a good deal and as mentioned before, I don't want to be left selling individual bits. Providing it all goes in one hit consider it sold but if I'm left with some bits and short of the £750 none of it is going anywhere. Sorry to sound an arse but thats the way I want to sell it.

I'm located in Wimborne, close to Poole so easy to get to. I can be around this weekend and obviously I'd like someone to pick the lot up in one go. I'll PM my address once a definite deal is sorted.

Once again, sorry to come across unhelpful but I'll help as best I can.

Cheers
  35. quattro81

Yer whereabouts are you boggy dude, my father in law lives in Bournemouth.. So I could send him to pick everyones bits up if that helps.. Provided you guys pay postage I'll pack bits up and send them.. I do a lot of ebaying and my mrs loves wrapping and boxing (not to be confused with rapping and beat boxing)
  36. quattro81

:think:Ok so you're about ten miles from daddy in law, I'll check with him tomorrow, but I reckon the weekend should be no problem..my mrs is going there next week so she can bring them back to Kent..(there's no way I'm putting all that in my 3door baby! It can go in her golf with the seats down lol) Now all we gotta do is pay the man upfront before the stuff is picked up... Anyone that would rather pick their bits up can always collect from me in Canterbury Kent if that's any closer.. If not I suppose I can post..?
  37. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

i live about 60 miles from canterbury so that could work..

Paulo... looks like sussex is knowhere near lol! but if quattro1981 got our bits i could get them off him then you could get yours off me!!you could pick up my recaro seat harnesses from phil on the way :wub:
  38. jungleman

Lol
    Sounds like a plan! Only thing is I'm working 7 days a week for the next 3 weeks so if you don't mind a little wait till I have a day off.
  39. MartayMcFly

Sounds great! Collection is not an option for me (without a 1000-mile round trip) so I'm going to have to ask/rely on you guys to get my bits sent. I can arrange for the courier, just need to know an idea of weight, number of boxes and an address to pick them up from. Just let me know where to send the van, and when to send it.

So we're settled that quattro's father-in-law will do the picking up, then pass the lot on to quattro who will fit his bouncy bits and wait for Rye to pick up his ARBs and Paolo's various bits. My exhaust and intake will be bubbled up and collected by the fine gents of Paisley Freight.

First we have to get £750 to boggym in the following chunks:
    Me - £465.00
    Paolo - £116.25
    Rye - £105.00
    quattro - £63.75

Ok, GO!
  40. quattro81

This is brilliant lol! I'm well up for it!
    And mart, am I getting the exhaust and intake back to mine for collection, or leaving with boggy for you to get it collected from him?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.